By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create&Famitsu Sales:Week 51,2014(Dec 15 - Dec 21)!WiiU above ps4&psv!New3ds/xl reaches 1.081M!(Wii u outsells psvita for 3rd straight week):O

Train wreck said:
tbone51 said:
Train wreck said:
RolStoppable said:

???

Around the Network

Wii U - 38K  | Last Year - 109K

Ouch..

Seece said:
benji232 said:
Seece said:

Link?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/has-nintendo-s-wii-u-turned-a-corner/0140009 

• Which shows wiiU sales in the UK were up 60% YoY so far. So it's certainly up YoY in November and going to be up in December.

There was also a recent article showing France numbers were way up YoY. And if those 2 are way up, Germany is certainly up aswell considering it's one of the most Nintendo friendly place in Europe with France.

Nope. Does not show that at all. WiiU has been up healthy in the US since MK but has seen drops/low gains recently. Bring me something solid as proof and I'll believe you.

Okay, we can talk about this again on january 29 2015 when Nintendo releases their financials and show that US/Europe shipments are up by a good margin yoy. In fact, global shipments will certainly be up yoy which will negate your claim that sales are down yoy.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Sh1nn said:

Wii U - 38K  | Last Year - 109K

Ouch..

No offense but your downplaying is incredibly hilarious XD

I'll leave it at that.....

RolStoppable said:
Train wreck said:
RolStoppable said:
Vita being down year over year is the most surprising thing, considering that it was the only system with increasing third party support and still had a lot of room for growth.

How many other consoles/handhelds had growth during its fourth holiday season in Japan?  I'm sure its few and far between, even with increasing 3rd party support

Sorry, was talking about the full year.

They were counting on Phantasy Star Nova to be a much bigger title than it was. It did well under expectations, so Vita's YoY momentum fell flat on its face.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Horrendous drop for PS4 and a sad bump for the 3DS.

Yuck.

fluky-nintendy said:
Everything is overperforming in my eyes, 

Wow, I wish I could be that optimistic.

outlawauron said:
RolStoppable said:
Train wreck said:
RolStoppable said:
Vita being down year over year is the most surprising thing, considering that it was the only system with increasing third party support and still had a lot of room for growth.

How many other consoles/handhelds had growth during its fourth holiday season in Japan?  I'm sure its few and far between, even with increasing 3rd party support

Sorry, was talking about the full year.

They were counting on Phantasy Star Nova to be a much bigger title than it was. It did well under expectations, so Vita's YoY momentum fell flat on its face.

Yeah Phantasy Star Nova  was expected to do far better than it did. The poor reviews completely killed any shot of that. Maybe it'll regain some momentum in 2015, but Q4 13 - Q3 14 could well have been the Vita's peak :/

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

MikeRox said:
outlawauron said:

Yeah Phantasy Star Nova  was expected to do far better than it did. The poor reviews completely killed any shot of that. Maybe it'll regain some momentum in 2015, but Q4 13 - Q3 14 could well have been the Vita's peak :/

Did it actually get poor reviews? Last I heard of poor reviews, people were referring to the difficulty of Freedom Wars. That isn't a poor review. Horrible websites like Siliconera love to publicize crap like that which is deceitful at best.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

benji232 said:
Seece said:
benji232 said:
Seece said:

Link?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/has-nintendo-s-wii-u-turned-a-corner/0140009 

• Which shows wiiU sales in the UK were up 60% YoY so far. So it's certainly up YoY in November and going to be up in December.

There was also a recent article showing France numbers were way up YoY. And if those 2 are way up, Germany is certainly up aswell considering it's one of the most Nintendo friendly place in Europe with France.

Nope. Does not show that at all. WiiU has been up healthy in the US since MK but has seen drops/low gains recently. Bring me something solid as proof and I'll believe you.

Okay, we can talk about this again on january 29 2015 when Nintendo releases their financials and show that US/Europe shipments are up by a good margin yoy. In fact, global shipments will certainly be up yoy which will negate your claim that sales are down yoy.

But we already know Nov + Dec US sales, why do you need Nintendo for that? Why are you assuming they'll be up a "good margin" as well.

Like I said, check out my thread and try and refute my numbers with actual facts.

So far they are down WW YOY this Q. US and Europe gains are not outweighing Japan losses.