By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Will win USA in 2015 with a bigger margin, IMO

Psyberius said:
Insidb said:

To be fair, about 50% of that list will attract the average buyer, and that is not an insignificant amount.

Sorry don't agree.  Great packaging, word of mouth, for sure knowledge(ie used a previous version), good marketing are going to sell games.

Looking at a list...not so much.  

As for 3rd party...I see that market becoming much much more focused.  There's a lot of crap out there that is getting bought and people are getting burned by it.  Expect backlashes due to this(see reasons listed above).

If Halo attracts the average gamer, then Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, Disgaea, Batman, Metal Gear, DOA, Mortal Kombat, God of War, and (after the expected media blitz) The Order and Bloodborne do, as well.

Around the Network
binary solo said:
small44 said:
binary solo said:

Sing star bro. And hopefully there will be at least one Buzz on PS4. And with really great smartphone integration there are opportunities for party games that don't need people to use controllers.

Non game features is IMO part of the reason Nintendo lost the casuals in a single generation. It's really an essential part of having a broad appeal.

Isn't singstar and buzz also on ps3 then why ps3 didn't sell as well as ps4 because casuals games on Playstation are not the main selling point of ps4,games like Nintendo dogs and wii play game got a huge decline in sale on 3DS and Wii where those players goes surely not on ps4 since no casuals games reach those sales.

Xbone still had better non-gamefeatures did it help it to compete with ps4?No

The casual attention was all on motion controls and Wii fit last gen. The casual market, as I say, is much diminished. But there is still a casual market and Sony will get a decent share of those.

Xb one is competing with Ps4, even if fairly drastic measures have been required. And it is strongly outperforming Wii U. People don't buy a console for non-game features, which is why I said right from the start of this gen that there is no new blue ocean for MS to attract with its HDMI in port and other non-game features. But some gamers, esp those who are mainly into the third party franchises, will think about non-game features in their buying decisions. And it feeds into attracting the casuals. 

I don't think that casuals audience as that big to make a difference.

People who are mainly into third party with buy the best verions of the games which are in ps4,non-game features won't make a huge difference

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Vasto said:
binary solo said:
Vasto said:
So it will happen if the PS4 gets a price drop.

I have no problem acknowledging that the US market is competitive enough for price to be a factor. If price was not a factor then xb one would have come 2nd in November. Also there's really no if about a price cut. The only question is when in 2015 and how much? We know that at price parity PS4 wins. And quite possibly if the price difference is <$50 PS4 may still win.

At the same price the PS4 should win because its better hardware. I dont think the Xbox One should have ever been more expensive or same price as PS4.  Even now I think the Xbox One should be $299. Actually it should have launched at $299 with the Kinect sku at $399.

Unfortunately for MS their design meant it has more expensive components than PS4 despite being less powerful.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Yea seems that Mark Cerny guy was a real boon for PS. made well designed ,powerful console. Gave Sony one of the biggest advantages it could possibly have over its competitor.

binary solo said:

1) Price. PS4 will be substantially more price competitive through the year, and more importantly during the holidays. Even is xb one manages to win Nov and Dec the margin will be relatively small.

2) games. We all know multiplats are better on PS4 95% of the time. But we also know that the exclusive offerings from PS4 in 2015 has broad appeal. As usual MS will be putting all its eggs in the Halo basket. But really how many people will be swayed by this? It is a franchise who's popularity peaked on 360. It will still sell millions but principally to the xbox core. It won't really sell beyond that. Rise of the tomb raider you say? I say a lot of people are going to wait and see what 2016 brings once the time limit on the exclusivity wears off. I don't see RTR convincing many people who lean towards PS or PC to get a xb one for this timed exclusive.

3) financial position. Mobile is the monkey on Sony's otherwise profitable back. By all accounts that monkey will be gone, or greatly diminished by the end of Q1 2015. This means Sony will be in a better position to put money into shifting PS4s and not just by making price adjustments.

4) non game services. Xb one may continue to have the edge in entertainment and other non game services. But Sony is not sitting still here, they will bring more to the table here too. While this isn't a direct selling point for either console, for people on the fence it can be one of the deciding factor especially if a non-gamer is part of the decision making process. 

5) despite what MS managed to do this year for Nov and Dec, I don't see MS being able to repeat this to the same effect. Once Sony drops PS4 price that squeezes what MS can do. And Sony being in a better financial position going into holiday 2015 means they can do holiday specials at least equal in value to xb one.

6) the casual market is diminished. But they will go where the casual games are and Sony has that covered. 

So, I think 2015 is looking to be completely dominated by PS4 in all markets, and while things will be closer in the USA PS4 will extend its lead there too.

I won't necrosis this thread when the inevitable happens and I am shown to be right. But others arwelcome to so we can all celebrate my brilliance.

Well that's is normal, PS brand will pull a big sales margin. One way to stop PS brand is by starting a Nuclear War 

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
binary solo said:

1) Price. PS4 will be substantially more price competitive through the year, and more importantly during the holidays. Even is xb one manages to win Nov and Dec the margin will be relatively small.

2) games. We all know multiplats are better on PS4 95% of the time. But we also know that the exclusive offerings from PS4 in 2015 has broad appeal. As usual MS will be putting all its eggs in the Halo basket. But really how many people will be swayed by this? It is a franchise who's popularity peaked on 360. It will still sell millions but principally to the xbox core. It won't really sell beyond that. Rise of the tomb raider you say? I say a lot of people are going to wait and see what 2016 brings once the time limit on the exclusivity wears off. I don't see RTR convincing many people who lean towards PS or PC to get a xb one for this timed exclusive.

3) financial position. Mobile is the monkey on Sony's otherwise profitable back. By all accounts that monkey will be gone, or greatly diminished by the end of Q1 2015. This means Sony will be in a better position to put money into shifting PS4s and not just by making price adjustments.

4) non game services. Xb one may continue to have the edge in entertainment and other non game services. But Sony is not sitting still here, they will bring more to the table here too. While this isn't a direct selling point for either console, for people on the fence it can be one of the deciding factor especially if a non-gamer is part of the decision making process. 

5) despite what MS managed to do this year for Nov and Dec, I don't see MS being able to repeat this to the same effect. Once Sony drops PS4 price that squeezes what MS can do. And Sony being in a better financial position going into holiday 2015 means they can do holiday specials at least equal in value to xb one.

6) the casual market is diminished. But they will go where the casual games are and Sony has that covered. 

So, I think 2015 is looking to be completely dominated by PS4 in all markets, and while things will be closer in the USA PS4 will extend its lead there too.

I won't necrosis this thread when the inevitable happens and I am shown to be right. But others arwelcome to so we can all celebrate my brilliance.

Well that's is normal, PS brand will pull a big sales margin. One way to stop PS brand is by starting a Nuclear War 

It's not enough.  

Not at all. 

Sony is going down very fast. North America is getting green. 

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

manuelogando40 said:

Not at all. 

Sony is going down very fast. North America is getting green. 

There is no doubt about that , PS4 has much more exclusives coming, the first semester will be filled of games, while microsoft put almost all their games at the end of the year

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:
There is no doubt about that , PS4 has much more exclusives coming, the first semester will be filled of games, while microsoft put almost all their games at the end of the year

Yep; when fire sales will be over, PS4 will be again on Top almost every week in NA from Jan the 1st to end of Oct 2015. More exclusive games and better multiplatform games.