By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony WILL have a limited release for The Interview on Chirstmas Day in Cinemas

i hope they signed a deal with the us goverment so in case something bad happens, sony doesn't have to pay for it. idiots are suing over resolution these days so one should be able to imagine what's going to happen when, god forbid, something blows up somewhere.

Around the Network

Good to show the movie. Hope its released everywhere later.

While I agree that we need our right to free speech, I wonder how the *grunt* employees at Sony are going to feel when THEIR personal information gets leaked... If I was Sony, I would be worried about getting sued by my employees. They are kinda damned if they do and damned if they don't. If I was one of the employees who's SSN is likely to be leaked I would be more worried about that than a 9/11 style attack.

kowenicki said:
I wonder if this is a tactic to try and make the hackers potentailly reveal themselves to the FBI or whoever?

The hackers promised further damaging data would be dumped if Sony went ahead and released the movie.

I think it's more of a tactic to start cashing in all the accidental advertisement. They are certain to make a lot of money from a mediocre movie. (Not that mediocrity generally prevents Hollywood movies from making big bucks).

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

If they do eventually release it everywhere, the movie will do really well cause there's been so much talk about it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I think the movie is dumb and releasing it is dumb and the controversy around it is dumb. But everyone else wants it, whatever.

Sony isn't stupid. They're using this insane publicity to their advantage. The Interview is going to be released in most if not all theatres and everyone will want to see it because of all the drama.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Now we get to see if the hackers will stay true to their words or not! It will be interesting

Wheter they do or not, the damages have been done. All this free marketing for Sony offered by the North Korea, i hope they feel dirty.

Teeqoz said:
I'm certain that they'll have a full release of it sometime. Heck, all this buzz about might end up with more people watching it.

Imagine if it was all just a promotional stunt. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix