By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony WILL have a limited release for The Interview on Chirstmas Day in Cinemas

Good for them. Still I would have waited until the theatre people would've forgotten and/or grow some balls to have a full release.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Now we get to see if the hackers will stay true to their words or not! It will be interesting

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm certain that they'll have a full release of it sometime. Heck, all this buzz about might end up with more people watching it.

kowenicki said:

Anyone who lives in Atlanta.... you going?

I wouldn't. Not becasue of the threat, but because it looks dire and I wouldn't have gone anyway. Its been almost universally panned. (perhaps panned is a bit harsh... lets just say most didnt think much of it)

This controversy may have saved it.

Huh? Where are you finding these reviews to say "universally panned"

Its got a 6.4/10 on Rottentomatoes, not something I would consider "Universally panned"

kowenicki said:
I wonder if this is a tactic to try and make the hackers potentailly reveal themselves to the FBI or whoever?

The hackers promised further damaging data would be dumped if Sony went ahead and released the movie.

I also have that feeling.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
riderz13371 said:
kowenicki said:

Anyone who lives in Atlanta.... you going?

I wouldn't. Not becasue of the threat, but because it looks dire and I wouldn't have gone anyway. Its been almost universally panned. (perhaps panned is a bit harsh... lets just say most didnt think much of it)

This controversy may have saved it.

Huh? Where are you finding these reviews to say "universally panned"

Its got a 6.4/10 on Rottentomatoes, not something I would consider "Universally panned"

edit. yes it has. 6.4  (53%) whatever that all means.

lol

read the reviews.  its mildly amusing at times, seems to be the consensus.

For a comedy, the reviews thus far are pretty good. Comedies generally don't tend to get very high scores.

I'd watch it. Glad that Sony proved everyone that they wear the big boy pants. And I don't know why a movie with a metascore of 47 is considered "universally panned".

AND North Korea's internet is down?

How the White House feels:

I had no interest in it until the controversy. However, I won't go to the cinema on Chirstmas Day, I always stay in and spend time with family that day.

kowenicki said:
I wonder if this is a tactic to try and make the hackers potentailly reveal themselves to the FBI or whoever?

The hackers promised further damaging data would be dumped if Sony went ahead and released the movie.

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole president urging release/NK internet going down/Sony announcement is something to do with what you said.

Whelp, looks like the entertainment isn't going to stop here.