By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does Microsoft have the right intentions as a video game console maker for a gamer?

kowenicki said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

They only came into the gaming industry to to take out Sony because they refused to partner with them. They were also working on their own OS and Ms dosent like when other multimedia companies are popular and have their own os, so they sought to destroy the. Joachim kempin who used to be one of the former heads in ms at the time of the Xbox  creation admitted to this.

Again?  Really?

This is over a decade ago, Kempin himself retired over 12 years ago.  Its not how it is now.

Sony is no serious threat whatsoever to MS ,or pretty much anyone else but themselves for that matter.  MS are in it for very different reasons now.

OT

Both, like every company out there.

Im not taking your word. Kempin admitted this within the span of two years.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DJEVOLVE said:

Some would say that's passion for Tomb Raider, so much so they made it exclusive to xbox one.

They have a passion to find an answer for Uncharted, which is why paid for Tomb Raider exclusivity. After failing to make their own answer quite a few times they had to do it. But its ok...Spencer is a fan of Uncharted and fans know their competitions potential. ;)

What did they fail with?

In part is it about having an answer to Uncharted 4? The comparison between the last Tomb Raider and Uncharted has been made.

Phil Spencer: Totally. I'm a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk. We've started some, and we've looked at them. But we don't have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-18-xbox-boss-phil-spencer-makes-case-for-tomb-raider-exclusivity-deal

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DJEVOLVE said:

What did they fail with?

In part is it about having an answer to Uncharted 4? The comparison between the last Tomb Raider and Uncharted has been made.

Phil Spencer: Totally. I'm a big fan of Uncharted and I wish we had an action adventure game of that ilk. We've started some, and we've looked at them. But we don't have one today of that quality. This is an opportunity.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-18-xbox-boss-phil-spencer-makes-case-for-tomb-raider-exclusivity-deal

I agree they have no comparison but just didn't remember any game that tried.

Microsoft makes great game consoles that play great games. End of discussion really.

What do you mean, "right intentions"? All 3 of them are in the business to make money.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I agree they have no comparison but just didn't remember any game that tried.

Thats because Spencer has a good eye and never saw them as fit enough for release, so Tomb Raider ended up being an opportunity for them. Its going to be quite a comeptitive generation. Sony is going to gain a lot of third party partnerships by being in first and MS is going to pay up to catch up (which obviously they have no issue doing).

Microsoft cares 0% about me or my actual gaming habits. They care about pushing me forcibly into the most profitable demographic and above all altering what gaming means to meet their own needs rather than serve ours.

That's the impression that I get from them. I know every company's in it to make money, but Nintendo and Sony really does seem to want to make games. I just don't get that from Microsoft. It feels like nothing but a cold, calculating giant that views me as a number. And before I get modded or something, it might not be true! For all I know there are a lot of real gamers running the show. But if there are, it doesn't feel that way. It's not the impression they give off.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

I feel Microsoft is by far the worst console company for gamers if we judge them by their intentions and attitude.

daredevil.shark said:
I am not a big fan of Microsoft but I think we dont need them. Nintendo and Sony is enough for console business. Microsoft should have invested in PC gaming.

lol this dude

Praise the One.

M$ were brilliant making a TV box with the ability to play games. It makes me feel like I'm actually playing a game, just by watching TV. Love.... It..... ♥♥♥

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence