By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Rockstar make a better Zelda than Nintendo?

Or any other company? Discus below!

Yes 137 18.36%

no 566 75.87%

other company post below 9 1.21%

Le'Sei resuultse! 33 4.42%

Total:745

Zelda is divisive because they try to shake things up in different ways each time. Nintendo can't make a Zelda that will satisfy everyone and neither can anyone else because different people want different things from a Zelda game.

I wasn't keen on Skyward Sword because it was all dungeon style action and puzzles. I like Zelda overworlds and, whilst the dungeons were great, the overworld was lacking in SS and not very open. I ended up feeling sick of constant dungeon-esk puzzles even though they were the some of the best of any Zelda.

Other people hated Majora's Mask (My favourite) for the opposite reason. All overworld subquests with just a handful of unremarkable dungeons.

You can't please everyone and Rockstar certainly won't.

Around the Network

Lol this topic is great.

I think Zelda is fine with Nintendo. They find new ways to make the games fresh. :)

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Rockstar?? The same company that made GTA, RDR and other open world type games...no, I don't think they can.

I think the makers of TES (The Elder Scrolls) would have a better shot at that.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

I don't see why not, Rockstar is full of amazingly talented developers and not only is the Zelda formula firmly established but the games don't seem difficult to make given how basic they all are.

Now if the question were 'Could Nintendo EAD could make a better GTA than Rockstar?' I could understand all the derisive laugher and no's.

Two pennies' worth. :P

It's not about the size of the open world or the number of things to do. It's about the magic behind every area, every characters, every musics, every dongeons and every puzzles.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

Nuh uh!

Despite Rockstar's positive track record for GTA, I highly doubt any studio can make a great Zelda game other than Nintendo.

Not even close

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Torillian said:
I'd go with From Software if I had to choose. Would go back to Zelda's roots for combat focus over puzzles and I think the online system from the Souls games could be adapted to Zelda without hurting the single player aspect.

It wouldn't be the Zelda Nintendo would make, but that's part of why I'd like to see From try it.

Disagree. From Software's combat is far too clunky for what we're used to from Zelda. Same issue I had with Rockstar doing it. And honestly, I don't really want to go back to Zelda I.

JustThatGamer said:
I don't see why not, Rockstar is full of amazingly talented developers and not only is the Zelda formula firmly established but the games don't seem difficult to make given how basic they all are.

Now if the question were 'Could Nintendo EAD could make a better GTA than Rockstar?' I could understand all the derisive laugher and no's.

Two pennies' worth. :P

Well of course not. Each developer knows what is best for their franchise from spending so much time working on their respective works. I doubt Rockstar would make a better Zelda because things they usually incorporate and would decide to change would probably make the Zelda game worse. Same with GTA, if Nintendo tried their usual for GTA, it wouldn't work.

I could argue how "basic" the GTA series is and how established its formula is as well, but I'm not in the mood.

Including drugs & hookers.