By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Rockstar make a better Zelda than Nintendo?

Or any other company? Discus below!

Yes 137 18.36%

no 566 75.87%

other company post below 9 1.21%

Le'Sei resuultse! 33 4.42%

Total:745

They might can make a more fun game using Zelda sources, but I'm sure it is not a Zelda.

Around the Network

Im going to say no there spurge. I haven't enjoyed a GTA game since the original.

Short answer: No

Long answer: lmao no

Give it to the guys who did Darksiders. Darksiders is a better Zelda than Zelda is, at least recently. Both of them were absolutely fantastic. Hope something happens to bring Darksiders over to the new consoles.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

I'd give Zelda to Rare, for the lulz.

Around the Network

Rockstar makes great sandbox games with a hint of action adventure. Nintendo makes great action adventure games with puzzles and a hint of sandbox.

Don't think Rockstar would be able to create an "Epic" as much as they are good at making sandbox games with many things to do. I like Zelda the way it is. I don't need a GTA on a horse in a fantasy setting thank you very much.

No, Rockstar makes very different kinds of games than what Zelda is. Only other studio I'd hand consider handing it off to would be Platinum Games (basically Clover Studio) because of Okami.

NNID: TheCCluc

spurgeonryan said:

Agree? Tell me you can't play GTAV for 1,000 of hours before running out of things to do! You cannot...

I got bored with GTA V at about 10-15 hours in and have had no desire to ever pick it up again.  There was stuff to do, but none of it engaged me or made me have fun, actually a depressing game with its characters and story.

I think the new Zelda looks great and has a world I want to explore.

DevilRising said:

You're worried Zelda won't be "next gen enough"...............but you want Rockstar, the kings of "not quite next gen" graphics/physics, to make it?

A perfect summation. 

Rockstar is renowned for having big, fun ideas for games that fail primarily in the presentation. 

Honestly, though, I don't see how anyone could do a better job with Zelda than Nintendo - and certainly not maintain their level of quality over the span of three decades. In the field of videogames, almost every developer is untested on a scale of that magnitude. Those that are (Atari, Sega) have seen some periods of absuletly terrible quality.

When is the last time Nintendo released a whole slew of duds? Never. 

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I'd go with From Software if I had to choose. Would go back to Zelda's roots for combat focus over puzzles and I think the online system from the Souls games could be adapted to Zelda without hurting the single player aspect.

It wouldn't be the Zelda Nintendo would make, but that's part of why I'd like to see From try it.