By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could Rockstar make a better Zelda than Nintendo?

Or any other company? Discus below!

Yes 137 18.36%

no 566 75.87%

other company post below 9 1.21%

Le'Sei resuultse! 33 4.42%

Total:745
Goodnightmoon said:

How can be people answering Yes to this question? really HOW can somebody think that Rockstar could make a better Zelda game than the company  that has created and has made Zelda the best saga ever? Ocarina of Time, A link to the past, Wind Waker... If is the greatest saga ever is obvioulsy because Nintendo, if somebody else could do something that good they would already done.

Because Rockstar is a stellar dev. It's possible. Nintendo unchained, could possibly craft a better GTA as well, neither is likely, but to act as if it's not at all possible is too absolute a conclusion.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Goodnightmoon said:

How can be people answering Yes to this question? really HOW can somebody think that Rockstar could make a better Zelda game than the company  that has created and has made Zelda the best saga ever? Ocarina of Time, A link to the past, Wind Waker... If is the greatest saga ever is obvioulsy because Nintendo, if somebody else could do something that good they would already done.

Because Rockstar is a stellar dev. It's possible. Nintendo unchained, could possibly craft a better GTA as well, neither is likely, but to act as if it's not at all possible is too absolute a conclusion.

Well maybe is just both having very different styles, i don´t see Nintendo making a great GTA, and i don´t want to see anythind related to the rockstar style on a Zelda, anything, but yes is a great dev, maybe they can make a good Zelda, but not a brilliant one.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
The only good time that Nintendo outsourced Zelda games was when Capcom made it.

Dont forget Phillips.

Goodnightmoon said:
COKTOE said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Well maybe is just both having very different styles, i don´t see Nintendo making a great GTA, and i don´t want to see anythind related to the rockstar style on a Zelda, anything, but yes is a great dev, maybe they can make a good Zelda, but not a brilliant one.

Fair enough. It would be interesting though. Remember, styles can be changed and adapted. If either of these teams poured their hearts into the others franchise, as different as they may be, I think at the least, a very good game would be made.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Short answer? No. Zelda is about the tone of the game. Rockstar would scree that up even before the title screen...guaranteed. But...would I want to play a Zelda inspired game by rockstar? Absolutely! I'm kind of surprised they haven't tried to dally in that genre...but then again I think they like to stick with the formulas their fans love and crave. I don't think the new breed of gamer would enjoy it versus another red dead redemption or gta.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Ganon appears in less than half of all Zelda games. 

If you have to compare how often one antagonist appears in one series to 50%, they appear too much.

Link and Zelda can reincarnate, but Ganon can't?

Like Link and Zelda, Ganondorf's been reinterpreted again and again. The pig was really only in Zelda and LttP, partially in Four Swords Adventures. The more human Ganondorf was rather different in OoT, TP, and WW. OoT Ganondorf was filled with ambition and the cockiness of a chessmaster villain. TP Ganondorf was more a force of nature, letting more of the pathos rest upon Zant, and Ganondorf was more like Ganon, a beastlike representation of evil but in a human form for part of it, but with little motive other than death and ruin. Wind Waker Ganondorf was full of pathos, a man who almost, but not quite, regretted what he had done, who still wanted the final victory that had eluded him, but was humbled by the power that had been unleashed to stop him.

Ganon/dorf could be reinterpreted again and again, much as Zelda has changed.

Thus:

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Like Link and Zelda, Ganondorf's been reinterpreted again and again. The pig was really only in Zelda and LttP, partially in Four Swords Adventures. The more human Ganondorf was rather different in OoT, TP, and WW. OoT Ganondorf was filled with ambition and the cockiness of a chessmaster villain. TP Ganondorf was more a force of nature, letting more of the pathos rest upon Zant, and Ganondorf was more like Ganon, a beastlike representation of evil but in a human form for part of it, but with little motive other than death and ruin. Wind Waker Ganondorf was full of pathos, a man who almost, but not quite, regretted what he had done, who still wanted the final victory that had eluded him, but was humbled by the power that had been unleashed to stop him.

Thus:

That pic is gold. (And illustrates why Skyward Sword Zelda is by far my favourite Zelda)

spemanig said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

If you have to compare how often one antagonist appears in one series to 50%, they appear too much.

Joker appears in 3/4 of the Arkham games does that make it bad? No! 343 Guilty Spark appears in 3/4 of the Halo games, does that make it bad? No!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Fifaguy360 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
The only good time that Nintendo outsourced Zelda games was when Capcom made it.

Don't forget Phillips.

I was under the impression those games were terrible.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Mr Khan said:
spemanig said:

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Thus:

I love the reaction of Twilight Princess Zelda. She wouldn't actually care about Twlight Princess LInk, seeing as she's very queenly there, and Link's just a rancher. But why wouldn't Ocarina of Time Zelda not love Link back? WHY? WHY NOT?