By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Exclusives where available everywhere would you buy a Console or a PC?

If Exclusives where available everywhere would you buy a Console or a PC?

Console 137 50.00%

PC 114 41.61%

See Results 22 8.03%

Total:273

PC is best platform, right after PS2.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

If I could, I'd play everything on 3ds other than local multiplayer stuff, where I'd opt for home console, and fps where I'd opt for PC... and any other games where the mouse keyboard controls are clearly better..

I will remain mostly a console gamer regardless of anything!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Consoles only. PCs for me are too complicated and too cumbersome.
All I want to do is play games, I don't have the need (or the time) to worry about technical aspects of my hardware.

Consoles. I hate to play in front of a Monitor, and I can't bring my big PC in my living room.
I need to stay on a huge sofa and play in front of a huge HD TV. My habit.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

Depends on the features of the options. A heavily polished Windows platform for games will make me lean much towards PC. For right now, I prefer consoles; mainly because I like it better to sit with friends & family in front of the TV when playing games, both multi and single player.

If exclusives were avaible everywhere I would go with the Wii U. Why? No installation times and huge patches.

But I think I would buy a PC only.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

If there was an obvious advantage to develop/publish on either PC or console we would have a clear winner by now. Look at these sales analysis of Shovel Knight and Retro City Rampage.
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=195308&page=1#
http://yachtclubgames.com/2014/08/sales-one-month/
Sales in units may be bigger on PC but may not always translate into profit as price often is lower.

On the other side of the equation, in 2010 the average gamer was 34 years old. and those between 18 - 49 years old made up 49% of gamers. Under 18 was only 25%.
http://www.esrb.org/about/video-game-industry-statistics.jsp
The average gamer of 34 probably has both the money and the space to buy a gaming PC and keep it updated with hardware and peripherals.

Probably a high end pc and run steam os

i would still buy for consoles because of the following reasons

- drm on many pc games on the retail versions

- most of pc games dont even come out in retail and are only available as digital version which i dont approve