By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Exclusives where available everywhere would you buy a Console or a PC?

If Exclusives where available everywhere would you buy a Console or a PC?

Console 137 50.00%

PC 114 41.61%

See Results 22 8.03%

Total:273

I'd still buy console. Its cheaper, and I can't afford a proper gaming PC.

Around the Network

I would still buy consoles but after a few years of price drops.

Then again, it would really be about whether you were looking for graphics, or just great games.

PC still has its advantages with its exclusives, so why would you want games that focus on PC gaming and graphics to be dumbed down for consoles.

I still prefer consoles for the convenience, especially after my recent experiences with PC again.

Today I wanted to play ets2 again, yet it wouldn't recognize my ps3 controller anymore on windows 8. Thus an hour was lost trying to get it all working with a ds4 this time. By then I didn't want to play anymore.
Instead I tried Spin tires and it blatantly refuses to use my ds4. Oh well it's fine with keyboard. Then after my internet connection crapped out for a bit the game hung up on a connecting to Steam message, with a cancel button but the game wasn't responding to any inputs anymore. Had to quit it from the task manager and lose all progress.

I have Elite dangerous ready to be installed, but I don't feel like dealing with it yet.

Consoles I never have to worry about graphics settings or what controller to use and how to get it to work. Plus many pc games still require additional keyboard commands or mouse use, that is just not convenient on the couch.

The pie-in-the-sky dream of no exclusives is a silly dream. But even if all games were on PC (without emulation and other shady shenanigans), I'd still get the best console possible first.*

For anyone about to ask why - aside from small tweaks, like controller configuration & analog sensitivity, I'm not a fan of tweaking, modifying, or otherwise customizing my gaming experience in the least - an admittedly weird part of me likes the idea of a shared experience in gaming, where the game I'm playing right now is the same that everyone else is playing, the exact vision the developers had in mind when coding it. (On a lesser note, keyboards and gaming don't mix for me in any capacity. At least more and more PC games are using controllers, but it's still an issue I have.)

* Note I said first, as even right now I'm looking to build a PC so the wife can play Sims 3 or whatever number it's on. Might give this PC gaming thing another shot, as the result should be reasonably more powerful than my PS4.