By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Exclusives where available everywhere would you buy a Console or a PC?

If Exclusives where available everywhere would you buy a Console or a PC?

Console 137 50.00%

PC 114 41.61%

See Results 22 8.03%

Total:273
Ruler said:
i would still buy for consoles because of the following reasons

- drm on many pc games on the retail versions

- most of pc games dont even come out in retail and are only available as digital version which i dont approve

First please read up what DRM is. All console games have it. That's why you will never be able to play your discs anywhere else than the intended consoles.

And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the majority of games on consoles nowadays digital with no retail option? On PC you can get all big AAA releases on disc much like it is on consoles.

Consoles and PC are really not that different anymore in that regard.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I'd have a PC filled with Nintendo games and Steam library to cover everything else hooked up to my livingroom with a massive selection of controllers to buy for it which would be far superior to any console in every way.

If PC is that good for developers/publishers/gamers how come Microsoft wants a part of the console hardware business when it is a software company? Why are Valve interested in getting into the console business with Steambox? Why are there constant rumors that Apple, Google, Amazon and others are coming with their own console?

Console all the way. PC gaming is great, but I grew up playing consoles so for me, there's just something missing when I play on a PC.

I'd still buy them for consoles. I have no patience for downloading and checking if this patch or the other lets me play the game. Or worrying if my graphics card will support the game properly on ultra, or if there's something installed incorrectly that will screw up my computer. Plug and play consoles are much more convenient for me, and even if the graphics are slightly inferior to PC, they give me no incentive to play them on that platform.

Around the Network

Console hands down.

Console is just easier, pop the disc in and play not having to worry about system spec requirements, play on the couch with a large tv and enjoy couch-coop games with a group of friends/family.

PC feels like a loner machine, built for 1 person to sit at the desk isolating themselves.

vivster said:
Ruler said:
i would still buy for consoles because of the following reasons

- drm on many pc games on the retail versions

- most of pc games dont even come out in retail and are only available as digital version which i dont approve

First please read up what DRM is. All console games have it. That's why you will never be able to play your discs anywhere else than the intended consoles.

And correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the majority of games on consoles nowadays digital with no retail option? On PC you can get all big AAA releases on disc much like it is on consoles.

Consoles and PC are really not that different anymore in that regard.

for example

final fantasy 13, valkyre profiles, metal gear solid ground zeros = all  only digital

Everytime if a new pc games gets announced its only on steam and then if you have luck maybe retail version is released in few countries like germany.

Last remnant on pc, lost planet extreme condition and shatered horizon were all games i bought who require a steam registration and then your game is only being availble to you. I know this because i bought lost planet used and i couldnt play it because my key was allready registried. Half life 2 was the first retail pc game who did this and i think every valve retail game requires steam registration.

Blizzard did so too first WoW and then starcraft 2. In warcraft 3 and other older bnet games you still could use the key from a different copy. It was just that only 1 person could with this key play on bnet. So you would be kicked out if another person locks in with your key. But starcraft 2 and every newer blizzard game requieres you to register on their client and your key is linked to your account alone, in wc3 and other classic bnet games you could make how much accounts you wanted on the games themselves .

Most console games are relased physical like metal gear solid ground zeros for example or akiba strip which is coming also to pc on steam only. 

Playstation and Nintendo consoles for ever. I'm a console gamer, I like to play games in front of a big TV;I almost never played a game on PC.

Assuming there would be a Wii controller/Wii U controller with a USB port compatible with computers, I would go PC.

I already have a PC. It is capable of gaming but it's not convenient.
Console all the way every day.