By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - This is the day!!

Congrats, looks like its a rockin game when looking at reviews.

My first day purcahses include: RE2(PSX), RE4(GC), Sonic jam(Saturn), Mortal Kombat 3(Genesis - I still want my money back for that one)

Around the Network

I can never have 1st day purchases :( Well , Im glad that you like the game :D Im getting it in 22 days if Im lucky :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

GOod luck and enjoy the game :)

My full review for God of War on PSP. (I'm about 5 hours in and about half way point of the game)

This will be my personal review that compliments IGN's main review, I won't repeat what was already said on there, but to add on some questions that are important to PSP owners or handheld owners. 

*note, I've never played God of War series, and I've only played the God of war on PSP demo before*

Loadtime: Very minimal, it took me about 5 seconds from starting the game to the cut-scene, average load time is under 5 seconds. You'd almost wish there's more of a load time as your hands will hurt from playing the game constantly. It's not as quick as Crisis Core, but I played MLB 07 and wow, I don't think I can go back to that kind of load time again *note, I use a PSP Slim, you might have longer load time with a PSP PHAT*

Control: Control feels very fluid, I thought i'd be overwhelmed with God of War control, but I found myself pulling off combos, dodging with ease, Dodging is done by pressing both shoulder buttons and using the analog stick for direction. You'd think it won't be as responsive since you have to do 3 buttons at once, But that is not the case. I felt I had a easier time pulling it off than I did in Demo version and I was able to not get hurt even once against first two semi-bosses.

YOu will find yourself constantly trying to find new ways to kill enemies because it's just so damn fun. It's really the best part of the game.

Difficulty: I picked "Normal", but you get to choose between Mortal (easy) and Hard mode too. Easy one is a little too easy even for me and I won't play hard until I finish the game. Normal seems to be the sweetspot.

Graphics: It looks better than it did in the Demo version, some of the camera angles have been changed, but the core gameplay is still there.

Puzzles: you still get the same puzzles, some of them can be pretty frustrating. My most hated time-sequence is back. I had to fight a boss about 5 times because they keep on changing the time-sequence and I am so not use to it. I wish they just get rid of it, or at least make a fixed time-sequence so I know at least what comes out.

My only knock on the game. 

Oh, and I failed to please the girls about 4 times. *sighs*

Boss battles:They are the best on PSP, I have yet to fight the last battle, but from the one I have, I'd almost wish it lasted longer. (I will not spoil you the story by telling you what it is)

Portable game experience: As a pure action game, you can pause the game anytime you want and whenever you start it up again, you won't be confused by where you are supposed to go/do (unlike RPG games). 

Overall: They could've used less time-sequences as I personally think it's absolutely useless. Fighting will be the main attraction of the game. It doesn't take GoW series to a new high, but it's by no mean a "lite" version of the game.

9.4/10 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Great ... 9.4 seems a perfect score :D Man Im so happy for you , that you had the chance to buy it day 1 :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

nice! enjoy it. It got a 93 rating on Metacritic so it should be damn good!

This is the time, this is the hour, perhaps before i should have taken a shower, but i dident, i smell enhoy my show!!!!

OT: Awesome. But Button Mashers are not for me

Didn't it come out 3/4? So wouldn't this be a second day purchase?

Blank? Blank.

kingofwale said:
Just got the game, They sold about 5 games before me already. DAMNIT

The box is alright looking, (I personally like the limited edition Crisis Core Japan box better). the GoW3 is such a tease, but horribly done, It's almost if they ripped off the PSP sign from the old flyer and pasted PS3 on there.

I'm just on first level, the graphics looks much better than the demo (for those who played it), no lag whatsoever, A bit of load time, around 10-20 seconds in the beginning, about 3-5 seconds during cut-scenes.

Sounds fantastic,

Now, I'm off to my full hands-on. :)

I've got both the demo and the full game, please explain what you think looks better 'cause it looks the same to me. 

Gratz KoW.

Sunday at 12:00 AM, I'm getting Brawl. Hope I have as much fun as you did.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.