By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best 2D platformer on Wii U?

Tagged games:

?

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze 198 55.77%

New Super Mario Bros U 46 12.96%

Rayman Legends 67 18.87%

Shovel Knight 28 7.89%

Other (Please specify) 16 4.51%

Total:355
AZWification said:
aikohualda said:
i guess i have to pick up those 3 games.... haiz money

I'd say that you can skip NSMBU! The game is very fun, but it's probably a better idea to get only TF and Legends!

im planning to save money for ps4... but wii u has a lot of gems in it :P

Around the Network

Oh wow, the poll results surprised me. Rayman, for me is the best. Nice controls, love the music levels, lots of variety and extras, great art work and amazing fun.

ALso taking into account the sales of each game, shovel Knight and Rayman are doing well. Particularly Shovel Knight.

aikohualda said:

im planning to save money for ps4... but wii u has a lot of gems in it :P

Making decisions must be very hard, eh?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Well, i´ve made my decission and i´m going to buy Tropical Freeze today, hope you are right!! It really looks awesome.

Technically, only rayman and shovel knight are 2d.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:

Well, i´ve made my decission and i´m going to buy Tropical Freeze today, hope you are right!! It really looks awesome.

You'll love it. For a 2D platformer, it's surprisingly atmospheric and moving. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You'll love it. For a 2D platformer, it's surprisingly atmospheric and moving. 

OMG you are right, my first hour and I can say that it´s pure platformer LOVE, i think i´m going to play this all night :D

mZuzek said:
Goodnightmoon said:

OMG you are right, my first hour and I can say that it´s pure platformer LOVE, i think i´m going to play this all night :D

Oh, but you know nothing yet. As good as it is on its own, Lost Mangroves is weak compared to the rest of the game.

Can´t wait to see more, now i´m already in love with the controls and the beauty of the levels, so, so beautifull, but i´m even more impressed for one thing... THAT MUSIC is just awesome.

I did not played Shovel knight, but the other 3 games for quite some hours.
I prefer Rayman Legends. Its gameplay feels somehow better ... more fluently ... i cant really give any good reason, but playing Rayman Legends felt better than playing the both other games.

It's a tough pick between DK and Rayman but it is hard to go past the awesomeness of DK's soundtrack.

Probably my favourite but it's hard when there is alot of great tracks to chose from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmUI4puIK1g