By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony Pulls "The Interview" From All Theaters

curl-6 said:
The Fury said:
Based on their last film together, I don't think this is a loss. Anyone actually see 'This is the end?' entire thing turned into one big dick joke. American comedy at it's finest I see.

I can't remember the last time a Hollywood "comedy" made me laugh, but I think it was The Big Lebowski, circa 1998

Really? You didnt laugh at all when watching This Is The End?

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
curl-6 said:
The Fury said:
Based on their last film together, I don't think this is a loss. Anyone actually see 'This is the end?' entire thing turned into one big dick joke. American comedy at it's finest I see.

I can't remember the last time a Hollywood "comedy" made me laugh, but I think it was The Big Lebowski, circa 1998

Really? You didnt laugh at all when watching This Is The End?

Not my cup of tea. I tend to prefer British comedy.

curl-6 said:
The Fury said:

Here's the odd thing, I'd say Guardians of the Galaxy this year was funnier that any 'comedy' film released in the last decade that I've watched. There may be some comedic genius film made by Holloywood somewhere, but I've not seen it.

Hmm, pie.

Ruler said:
DerNebel said:
Ruler said:
Good decision by sony, the american devision crews up and now the japanese company has to pay? Sony america needs to learn some manners you dont make movies like that who are direspecting other countries values. How would like america if a movie is featering the assinating obama as the progandistic goal?
Doesnt matter if nk was behind it or not this movies has to go

Are you serious? This is a comedy and in comedy everything should be allowed. Nobody would call in bomb threats if a company made a comedy in which the protagonists are tasked with killing the US president.

A lot of americans wouldnt be happy and would hack sony, i think

Bullshit. And even if a couple idiots have a problem with movies making jokes like that, why should the studios give in to that? It sets a precedent that shouldn't happen, this is what happened back with the South Park episode that had Allah in it and now with this movie.

If you make it basically not allowed to make fun of certain groups of people, then why should you be able to make jokes about other groups of people, where is the cut off line? There are tons of comedy movies/series sometimes cracking jokes at all kinds of religious and ethnic groups, should all that not be allowed anymore?

No, there is no place for political correctness in comedy, if you don't like it then don't watch it but nobody has any right to tell anyone what they can and can't laugh and make jokes about.

curl-6 said:

Not my cup of tea. I tend to prefer British comedy.

I agree, but I do find some gems from the states once in a while

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Ruler said:
DerNebel said:
Ruler said:
Good decision by sony, the american devision crews up and now the japanese company has to pay? Sony america needs to learn some manners you dont make movies like that who are direspecting other countries values. How would like america if a movie is featering the assinating obama as the progandistic goal?
Doesnt matter if nk was behind it or not this movies has to go

Are you serious? This is a comedy and in comedy everything should be allowed. Nobody would call in bomb threats if a company made a comedy in which the protagonists are tasked with killing the US president.

A lot of americans wouldnt be happy and would hack sony, i think

Bullshit. And even if a couple idiots have a problem with movies making jokes like that, why should the studios give in to that? It sets a precedent that shouldn't happen, this is what happened back with the South Park episode that had Allah in it and now with this movie.

If you make it basically not allowed to make fun of certain groups of people, then why should you be able to make jokes about other groups of people, where is the cut off line? There are tons of comedy movies/series sometimes cracking jokes at all kinds of religious and ethnic groups, should all that not be allowed anymore?

No, there is no place for political correctness in comedy, if you don't like it then don't watch it but nobody has any right to tell anyone what they can and can't laugh and make jokes about.

You are correct, sir. This is far from the first time that a movie has been made that depicts the assassination attempt and/or death of a nation's leader. This is the first time that there has been retaliation, however. As an American, I don't give a sh*t if you make a movie about assassinating Obama and I'm sure that those movies exist, here and abroad. Just don't do it; that would piss me off.

KLXVER said:
The Fury said:

I love that movie

Sony should just edit the movie to when anyone says "North" a badly dubbed voice over would say "South". And everytime they say "Kim Jong Un" the voice over should say "Schmim Schmong Schmun" and have a badly photoshopped picture of some guy in an uniform over the parts where Kim Jong Un is in. Just a big FU to censoring

"Thank you, James Franco."

DerNebel said:

No, there is no place for political correctness in comedy

ohmylanta1003 said:

This is absolutely ridiculous that Sony has allowed these hackers to get there way. I cannot believe that this entire movie will never be showed to the public. Whiny little bitches do get everything they want, don't they? Fuck this bullshit. What Sony should do is make it available on all movie streaming services. Put it everywhere. That way, the theaters don't have to worry about attacks and honestly, what more could be done to Sony? Release it on VUDU, Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, iTunes, anything that can fucking play movies. Make a statement with this movie, even if you did lose $42 million dollars because of it. Hell, broadcast it on national television. Are we really bowing down to these North Korean hackers? Looks like it...

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/sony-cancels-theatrical-release-for-the-105474068892.html

Edit: I'm actually not really mad at Sony, I guess I'm just upset that the hackers actually got what they wanted. Hopefully, Sony comes up with a good plan to send a message back to these fuckers. I'm hopeful that they will.

I agree with you for the most part. Sony didn't have a choice at this point whether they would pull the movie or not though, since major cinemas had already pulled it themselves. I do think they should find other ways to show it though.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

PwerlvlAmy said:
One less terrible movie to be released. Good.

But the actual incident is pretty crazy. Does this mean any hacker can now make threats and everyone will just give in from now on?

Tell the hackers to stop michael bay and m night from making movies

Time to learn programming lol

The One and Only

VizionEck.com