By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Sony Pulls "The Interview" From All Theaters

This is very much like Sony a few threats without merit and they crumble to pieces. Obviously this is a company that has abandoned its convictions time and time again and now you see the reason why they're financially reeling as a company.

This is an embarrassingly sad day for a company on its knees.

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Around the Network
Cj2i3 said:
This is very much like Sony a few threats without merit and they crumble to pieces. Obviously this is a company that has abandoned its convictions time and time again and now you see the reason why they're financially reeling as a company.

I don't remember Sony giving up on their case against Geo after the PSN hack. Did they receive other threats before?

Cj2i3 said:

Oh, this isn't gonna end well...

Really, what were they to do? If they released the movie they'd be blamed for any attack.

Cj2i3 said:
riderz13371 said:
Cobretti2 said:
the hackers must have some juicy information on Sony for a threat like this to be listened to.

imaging all the juicy gossip about 3rd party devs lol.

Umm the theatres were the ones to first pull out from releasing the film. What else was Sony supposed to do? No theatre was going to even play their movie lmao.

Really? What source do you have that states the thousands of universal movie theaters all declined to air the movie? 2 major cinemas declined to air it and Sony crumbled as usual.LMFAO

You're late to the party: one of those "2 major cinemas" owns ~60% of all US cinemas. In other words, more than half of their distribution chain was cut off. I'd recommend reading the rest of thread before going off on someone like @riderz13371 again.

curl-6 said:
Cj2i3 said:

Oh, this isn't gonna end well...

Really, what were they to do? If they released the movie they'd be blamed for any attack.

It's a slippery slope lol.

Around the Network

One less terrible movie to be released. Good.

But the actual incident is pretty crazy. Does this mean any hacker can now make threats and everyone will just give in from now on?

Tell the hackers to stop michael bay and m night from making movies

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Cj2i3 said:
riderz13371 said:
Cobretti2 said:
the hackers must have some juicy information on Sony for a threat like this to be listened to.

imaging all the juicy gossip about 3rd party devs lol.

Umm the theatres were the ones to first pull out from releasing the film. What else was Sony supposed to do? No theatre was going to even play their movie lmao.

Really? What source do you have that states the thousands of universal movie theaters all declined to air the movie? 2 major cinemas declined to air it and Sony crumbled as usual.LMFAO

It would have been a domino effect. Sony just stopped it before it got worse. Not to mention if something DID happen at a theatre that was airing The Interview, then Sony would be to blame because people would say they had gotten threats ahead of time and didn't take it seriously.

It's a lose lose situation for Sony, so they just decided to stop the release until things cool down.

Sony kinda had their hands tied. If 90% of the theaters out there pull the movie, then they have no choice.

I REALLY hate the theaters for doing something so idiotic. I mean seriously so now if I anonymously call in a bomb threat on the next Hunger Games movie we have to pull it?

Most looked forward to movie of the year for me. Oh well, Sony will find another way to release this movie and the media circus will cause everyone to want to see it. Best PR on Earth!

After reading some comments I gotta say A LOT of people need to get their facts straight. Sony is being forced to find another way to release their movie because most theater chains are a bunch of push-overs.

If I were a critic, I'd honestly nominate every part of this movie for an oscar (editing, actors, the movie itself). The movie would become huge and the bloody terrorists' efforts would backfire.

Obviously, zero chance that's happening but still.

As for blaming Sony, anyone who understands anything about business gets why they pulled the movie. There's nothing to criticize here but the terrorists.