By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto Confirms There Will Be Plenty To Do In Zelda Wii U Overworld

Mystro-Sama said:
Did she have to suck Miyamoto's dick for that interview. I don't think they've ever done one with Youtubers.

For his sake, I hope so. :p

Around the Network

This is really good news :D

Makes me all the more excited!

Mystro-Sama said:
Did she have to suck Miyamoto's dick for that interview. I don't think they've ever done one with Youtubers.

Pretty terrible comment.  I don't think the same comment would have been leveled at a male youtuber.

This is part of Nintendo's advertising strategy at the moment.  They are meeting with several youtube channels to spread the good news.  I'm sure hers was just one of teh more popular ones.

super_etecoon said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Pretty terrible comment.  I don't think the same comment would have been leveled at a male youtuber.

This is part of Nintendo's advertising strategy at the moment.  They are meeting with several youtube channels to spread the good news.  I'm sure hers was just one of teh more popular ones.

It's just a joke man, lol. I'm just surprised they're taking a different approach to marketing, like this.

Around the Network

I hope there would be one dungeon that has multiple over world entrances like A Link to the Past's Desert and Lost Wood's dungeon. I never played any 3D Zelda games (haven't play MM or SS yet) that revisited this idea and I feel like a huge over world could take advantage of this.

I also want to see some interesting mountain caves like in a Link to the Past. Again, I don't think 3D Zelda games revisited this idea either. Ocarina of Time did have that one large cave near the Fire temple but that's just one cave compared to Link to the Past's several caves.

Can you imagine if this game had a parallel world like Twilight Princess but you can actually explore all of it like the Dark World in A Link to the Past?

Also, if we can hunt wild animals or monster to craft better weapons items then that could definitely make the over world filled with a lot of things to do. It would be cool if there's a nature log for wild animal life just like Twilight Princess fish log. I'm not sure how you would collect the data though. But the game play video in Game Awards shows there could be a variety of wildlife in this game like wild stallions and even deer.

There's also villagers in the fields in the first trailer. I wonder if you get to have interesting delivery services to one village to the next? What if you could control groups of villages and improve on them as well? That could tie in to collecting materials from the over world by hunting or gathering things.

About the size of Twilight Princess sounds reasonable, I'm glad they didn't go overboard and make it Xenoblade-big just cos they could.

Not that Xenoblade's world is too big mind you; it's perfect for the kind of game it is, but for a Zelda game, TP is big enough.

edit: wrong thread

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:
About the size of Twilight Princess sounds reasonable, I'm glad they didn't go overboard and make it Xenoblade-big just cos they could.

Not that Xenoblade's world is too big mind you; it's perfect for the kind of game it is, but for a Zelda game, TP is big enough.

He said the entire world of Twilight Princess would be just one area of the new Zelda game, not the entire map.

With that said, I don't find the world to be as massive as people have been making it out to be. Trying to analyse the size of it (not that I was exactly going for extreme precision), it kinda looked Skyrim-ish to me. Which is fine, maybe a bit bigger than what I'd like, but at least it's not, as you said, Xenoblade-big just cos they could.

As long as traversal doesn't get boring, I'll be fine. I just don't want it to take half an hour to get to where I want to go.

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

He said the entire world of Twilight Princess would be just one area of the new Zelda game, not the entire map.

With that said, I don't find the world to be as massive as people have been making it out to be. Trying to analyse the size of it (not that I was exactly going for extreme precision), it kinda looked Skyrim-ish to me. Which is fine, maybe a bit bigger than what I'd like, but at least it's not, as you said, Xenoblade-big just cos they could.

As long as traversal doesn't get boring, I'll be fine. I just don't want it to take half an hour to get to where I want to go.

Easily solved by having a teleportation system.