By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto Confirms There Will Be Plenty To Do In Zelda Wii U Overworld

hype growing..

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Skullwaker said:

On the topic of Wind Waker, I'll never understand people who complained about the sea yet loved TP's gigantic field. At least the sea was charming to look at and the islands were distributed fairly evenly. Though now I'm being a bit annoying. Haven't played SS yet, but I've heard some...things about it. Lol.

Oh, you don't get it. You see, the Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess had an enormous wealth of content at disposal, the exploration there was way better than the boring nothingness of the Great Sea. For example, while in the Great Sea all you had to do was move in one direction until you reached your destination, in Twilight Princess you had free control to do amazing turns with Epona through those awesome pathways and then keep moving through beautiful fields filled with interesting things to do, such as: kill random enemies; roll into trees; stare at the distance and so much more. The Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess was truly in a class of its own when it came to world exploration and having things to do.

But hey, in a more serious note, Skyward Sword is awesome.

Oh my...you are SO right. How have I not seen this before? Staring at the distance was truly the most unique event I've ever experienced in a Zelda game. If they don't bring that back for Zelda U, I'll riot. (Ironically, I can see myself actually doing this in that game bc dat art style)

Pretty much anyone I've seen talk about SS has either said it's awful or it's amazing. I feel like I would enjoy it, so I'm wanting to try it out soon. Don't be surprised if I end up making a thread about my thoughts on it after I get & finish it.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

This is getting really exciting. I hope they do not build all of this up and do not deliver but I have faith!

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Skullwaker said:
mZuzek said:
Skullwaker said:

On the topic of Wind Waker, I'll never understand people who complained about the sea yet loved TP's gigantic field. At least the sea was charming to look at and the islands were distributed fairly evenly. Though now I'm being a bit annoying. Haven't played SS yet, but I've heard some...things about it. Lol.

Oh, you don't get it. You see, the Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess had an enormous wealth of content at disposal, the exploration there was way better than the boring nothingness of the Great Sea. For example, while in the Great Sea all you had to do was move in one direction until you reached your destination, in Twilight Princess you had free control to do amazing turns with Epona through those awesome pathways and then keep moving through beautiful fields filled with interesting things to do, such as: kill random enemies; roll into trees; stare at the distance and so much more. The Hyrule Field in Twilight Princess was truly in a class of its own when it came to world exploration and having things to do.

Oh my...you are SO right. How have I not seen this before? Staring at the distance was truly the most unique event I've ever experienced in a Zelda game. If they don't bring that back for Zelda U, I'll riot. (Ironically, I can see myself actually doing this in that game bc dat art style)

Pretty much anyone I've seen talk about SS has either said it's awful or it's amazing. I feel like I would enjoy it, so I'm wanting to try it out soon. Don't be surprised if I end up making a thread about my thoughts on it after I get & finish it.

I think Skyward Sword is amazing...yet ultimately plays it too safe in design.  Once you realize that you're simply repeating the same process over and over again the game starts to feel less magical and more formulaic.  I think Nintendo realized this, too, and may be using that shortcoming to  spur their "throw away conventeions"  stance they've taken this time around.  

Ha prepare to be tormented by me with my super difficult stages!HOHOHO!

Around the Network

Nice! Getting more and more excited. :D

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

tak13 said:
Ha prepare to be tormented by me with my super difficult stages!HOHOHO!

Level Editor in Zelda WiiU confirmed?

super_etecoon said:
Skullwaker said:
mZuzek said:

I think Skyward Sword is amazing...yet ultimately plays it too safe in design.  Once you realize that you're simply repeating the same process over and over again the game starts to feel less magical and more formulaic.  I think Nintendo realized this, too, and may be using that shortcoming to  spur their "throw away conventeions"  stance they've taken this time around.  

That seems to be the reason people don't like it is because it plays it safe and it's linear, which aren't exactly things that inherently bother me. I mean, a game that takes more risks can be more attractive and fun, but I wouldn't write SS off just for that. I think you're right about Nintendo realizing they need to distance themselves from that though. Zelda U seems to be a complete antithesis of what Skyward Sword was, except maybe in the story department (too early to tell in regards to that).

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

super_etecoon said:
tak13 said:
Ha be prepared to be tormented by me with my super difficult stages!HOHOHO!

Level Editor in Zelda WiiU confirmed?

HAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAH!Wrong thread,sorry!

Oh my gosh,LOL!

Did she have to suck Miyamoto's dick for that interview. I don't think they've ever done one with Youtubers.