By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony uses Super Smash Bros. 4 art to celebrate 20 years of PlayStation.

SirFortesque said:
XanderXT said:
Eddie_Raja said:
LOL big fucking deal. Megaman games have been on Playstation. If Nintendo wanted to use Solid Snake art from MGS2 they can.

That's like there being a pic of characters that have been on a Nintendo console, then showing this:

Sony still owns that picture.

Smake on Super Smash Bros Brawl was 1% based on MGS1 and 99% based on the rest of Metal Gear Solid games that were mostly on PlayStation... stickers, soundtracks and stage included.

Honestly, isn't it even worse than what Sony did ? After all, the Sm4sh Megaman is based on a PSP Megaman game.

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
SirFortesque said:
XanderXT said:
Eddie_Raja said:
LOL big fucking deal. Megaman games have been on Playstation. If Nintendo wanted to use Solid Snake art from MGS2 they can.

That's like there being a pic of characters that have been on a Nintendo console, then showing this:

Smake on Super Smash Bros Brawl was 1% based on MGS1 and 99% based on the rest of Metal Gear Solid games that were mostly on PlayStation... stickers, soundtracks and stage included.

Honestly, isn't it even worse than what Sony did ? After all, the Sm4sh Megaman is based on a PSP Megaman game.

Sakurai specifically said he modeled MegaMan after his NES days.

XanderXT said:
SirFortesque said:
XanderXT said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Sakurai also said that Sm4sh don't has a Subspace Emissary-like mode because people recorded cutscenes and uploaded them on Youtube lol, when obviously the Story mode isn't there because they wanted to focus on gameplay and characters ... and of course he wasn't going to say "the Megaman on Sm4sh is based on a exclusive PSP game", it's pretty much like if Sony said that the Resistance 3 controls were based on COD: Black Ops ones.... they would never say that, even if it's actually true.

Also, in Super Smash Bros Brawl, all artworks (stickers) of Solid Snake are from the original MGS1 for PlayStation, but SSBB says that they're from Twin Snakes (which isn't true, Twin Snakes had different artworks).

I'm not telling that he's a liar or something, I like how Sakurai works, it's just that sometimes you just can't say the truth, expecially if you're working on a very iconic and exclusive game like Super Smash Bros.

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...  

SirFortesque said:
XanderXT said:
SirFortesque said:
XanderXT said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Sakurai also said that Sm4sh don't has a Subspace Emissary-like mode because people recorded cutscenes and uploaded them on Youtube lol, when obviously the Story mode isn't there because they wanted to focus on gameplay and characters ... and of course he wasn't going to say "the Megaman on Sm4sh is based on a exclusive PSP game", it's pretty much like if Sony said that the Resistance 3 controls were based on COD: Black Ops ones.... they would never say that, even if it's actually true.

Also, in Super Smash Bros Brawl, all artworks (stickers) of Solid Snake are from the original MGS1 for PlayStation, but SSBB says that they're from Twin Snakes (which isn't true, Twin Snakes had different artworks).

I'm not telling that he's a liar or something, I like how Sakurai works, it's just that sometimes you just can't say the truth, expecially if you're working on a very iconic and exclusive game like Super Smash Bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUgsMNKJ3pA That video shows the moves of MegaMan in Smash 4. It also shows how similar the moves of MegaMan in Smash is to his NES sprites. Plus, a olt of the moves of MegaMan aren't from the first MegaMan. And I'm sure the Solid Snake artworks being said to come from Twin Snakes is because Twin Snakes was pulbished by Nintendo. The original MGS1 wasn't published by Sony.

vivster said:
atomicblue said:

The Mega Man thing is more funny than anything.

I do however find it irksome that Sony's character collage includes a lot of characters whose games have not been exclusive to the company. I think they could have focused on characters from Sony-exclusive games and created something more focused and meaningful.

Why alianate all 3rd parties who had successful games on Playstation?

BTW some of the Mega Man X games have been console exclusive to Playstation. To say that Sony should only use Characters that have never been released on a different System would be like saying Sonic shouldn't be in Smash. Hell, even Crash Bandicoot, one of the most iconic Sony characters, had been on plenty non PS platforms.

Not really. Smash doesn't explicitly state that it's about Nintendo's history, even though that's a big part of it. This ad, however, does specifically talk about "celebrating 20 years of PlayStation".

And, honestly, although their roster of exclusives isn't as large as that of a company like Nintendo, they've had enough iconic exclusive games over the years that they could have just stuck with Sony-exclusive characters and it would still have looked good. The actual poster they've gone with is ambitious but kind of cluttered. Leave someone like Mega Man for when Capcom want to do a poster celebrating their heritage.