By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony uses Super Smash Bros. 4 art to celebrate 20 years of PlayStation.

mjk45 said:
Samus Aran said:
Captain_Tom said:
Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:
LOL big fucking deal. Megaman games have been on Playstation. If Nintendo wanted to use Solid Snake art from MGS2 they can.

Nintendo would put some effort into it. They don't need a picture to celebrate their iconic franchises, they made a whole game around it. 

Put effort into what?  They just wanted a quick collage of everyone who has been on Playstation.  So now I ask, why would you care?

Yes, they did lol. And made a total fool out of themselves in the proces! I don't care, I find it funny. Well, that's a form of caring I suppose. There's your answer. 

you do know these kind of promos are done by outside ad agencies with little knowledge of what versions what.

You do know Sony is responsible for anything that falls under the Sony brand? 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
mjk45 said:
Samus Aran said:
Captain_Tom said:
Samus Aran said:
Eddie_Raja said:
LOL big fucking deal. Megaman games have been on Playstation. If Nintendo wanted to use Solid Snake art from MGS2 they can.

Nintendo would put some effort into it. They don't need a picture to celebrate their iconic franchises, they made a whole game around it. 

Put effort into what?  They just wanted a quick collage of everyone who has been on Playstation.  So now I ask, why would you care?

Yes, they did lol. And made a total fool out of themselves in the proces! I don't care, I find it funny. Well, that's a form of caring I suppose. There's your answer. 

you do know these kind of promos are done by outside ad agencies with little knowledge of what versions what.

You do know Sony is responsible for anything that falls under the Sony brand? 

I also know that  promo material  is released in the thousands every year  and I'm sure they dont have a character version oversite officer scouring it , they simply contracted for a collage of characters from ips that had been on sony's platforms and the commercial artist  who made the collage  most likely just picked the ones that to him best framed the picture , and since these things are done by a deadline  and said artist  isn't familar with different versions they escape notice . So it's just a mistake that happens no big deal  every company has tham  one time or another.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Big deal :/

Mr Khan said:
Travis' presence is the odd one. No More Heroes was a great game, but among the vast array of games PS has gotten in its history, hardly worth a footnote (especially since it was Nintendo-first)

Sony probably didn't make this. It wouldn't surprise me if some ad agency cheply put this together for Sony. 

ICStats said:

PlayStation has had Megaman games.  How do we know this is not the picture Capcom sent to Sony for use in the promotion?

So... Capcom is lazy?

I can't believe you.

Around the Network
Gilgamesh said:

Big deal they copied out Mega man to put in their pic who cares? Megan mans not a Nintendo exclusive character.

There isn't a Megan Man there. Who's she?

fireburn95 said:
Umm capcom owns the art. It may be in smash, but its capcoms character so yeah

No, Bandai Namco owns it.

Eddie_Raja said:

That's like there being a pic of characters that have been on a Nintendo console, then showing this:

Sony still owns that picture.

Look at the links:
Image from Nintendolife.
http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/weirdness_sony_uses_art_from_smash_bros_to_celebrate_20_years_of_playstation/attachment/1/630x.jpg
Sony site.
http://playstation20.eu.playstation.com/en_GB/20yearsofcharacters

They DID remove Mega Man, Croc, Braid, Gex and others!
There IS info on every character, including from which console the game comes from, the name of the game and the name of the characters. Someone with a little knowledge has made this.

XanderXT said:
Eddie_Raja said:

That's like there being a pic of characters that have been on a Nintendo console, then showing this:

Sony still owns that picture.

Smake on Super Smash Bros Brawl was 1% based on MGS1 and 99% based on the rest of Metal Gear Solid games that were mostly on PlayStation... stickers, soundtracks and stage included.

Honestly, isn't it even worse than what Sony did ? After all, the Sm4sh Megaman is based on a PSP Megaman game.

Hey don't click here ! It's creepy !!

I want a PlayStation All-Stars Sequel ! Come on Sony, stop making too many shooters !

I'll make a better signature when I'll have time to do it...