By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4+FREE GAME+$20 PSN CODE = $340 PS4+CAMERA+FREE GAME = $399

Those are pretty damn sweet deals...

Around the Network

solid deal, but aren't I supposed to bash it like many did with MS bundles this year T_T

Oh my, Sony must have saw December sales at the half way point and are getting desperate. They better slow down losing all this money from bundles, shareholders might want out of sony stock. If sony has to offer these kinds of deals, they must not be confident in the the sustainability of the ps4 lead in the US.

Sharpryno said:
solid deal, but aren't I supposed to bash it like many did with MS bundles this year T_T

No sir. You can't bash these bundles...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

SweetTalia said:

:-p why not? Both Sony and MS is trying to sell consoles.. Sony is doing what they need to do cause they are losing in sales in the usa.. When MS did it most says it was desperation.. Same thing here to me :-p

What? They lost IN AMERICA for ONE month, MS lost for the WHOLE year. Sony sold all their stock, MS struggled to shift their stock and even had to reduce productivity. MS were desparate to sell their stockpiled consoles this Christmas, Sony are on target with their sales forecast.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

i saw that deal on amazon,from that other thread,it looked pretty good to me,not bad for christmas

Above & Beyond

GribbleGrunger said:
SweetTalia said:

:-p why not? Both Sony and MS is trying to sell consoles.. Sony is doing what they need to do cause they are losing in sales in the usa.. When MS did it most says it was desperation.. Same thing here to me :-p

What? They lost IN AMERICA for ONE month, MS lost for the WHOLE year. Sony sold all their stock, MS struggled to shift their stock and even had to reduce productivity. MS were desparate to sell their stockpiled consoles this Christmas, Sony are on target with their sales forecast.

The thing is that even if Sony didn't make these deals and the PS4 gets outsold by the X1 this month, it will still lead in the US. Considering Microsoft's strategy is to basically bank on the holidays while Sony is going for the all-year-round route, it'll be a tug-of-war in marketshare (10 months of the PS4 outselling the X1 vs. 2 months of the X1 outselling the PS4).

And this is only in the US, where it was the X1's region to lose, but the X1 badly stumbled out of the gate. With the gap growing, MS absolutely did not want the PS4 to hit critical mass. And thus, the measures MS had to take to shrink the gap were insane! I mean those deals were great for the consumer. But at the same time, I went gaga after I calculated how much you would virtually pay for a standalone X1, especially from the $50 free game credit deal at Target on BF (and the bundle's price was cut down to $329, too).

SweetTalia said:
Sony getting desperate now?

Nah it's only desperate when MS does it.

But but I thought Sony didn't have to do anything......just sit down and see how they win....desperate much?

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

nice deal dont think stock will run out as its plain PS4 skus with bundled SW, dec Npd will count on how long sony offer these types of deals aswell as MS countering

dont see it as desperate since the base price is still 400 the same price it was a yr ago, imo if sony wanted to be desperate including gta5 and CODAW as the games to pick would of increased sales, or a 350 ps4 with one SW or even none

Play Me