By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayo 2 is A BIG sucess!!!

AZWification said:
fleischr said:
AZWification said:

Well, I guess that makes sense.

The game was made and people enjoy it. That's how Platinum measures success. Their business is structured in a way that total sales don't matter so much.

Oh, I see.. Then Bayo 2 is definitely a big success! I haven't played it yet, but I'm sure that it's an awesome game!

Kudos for the turnaround there!!

Around the Network
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
AZWification said:

Oh, I see.. Then Bayo 2 is definitely a big success! I haven't played it yet, but I'm sure that it's an awesome game!

Yeah.. I simply wasn't aware of what Platinum clasifies as a successful game!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
AZWification said:

Yeah.. I simply wasn't aware of what Platinum clasifies as a successful game!

Well, to be critically acclaimed, that to me is success. Similarly, if a movie, like "ONCE" doesn't have the budget to advertise and doesn't fit mainstream, it is still a massive success if it is a masterful piece of art and defines it genre. We can't all be "Ironman 47"

I am shocked how Nintendo owners did not support this game by buying it. The same goes with Sunset Overdrive for the Xbox One. Both great games with amazing reviews and no one bought it

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

Actually, this game sold better on the
Wii U than the original 360 and PS3
versions when you count install base. To
date, it has sold a little over .40m
with a Wii U install base of about 8m.
Bayonetta on the 360 sold .90m an
install base of about 84m. Bayonetta on
PS3 sold 1.17m with an install base of
about 84m. Now, if you were to say that
there were 84m Wii Us, Bayonetta 2 would
sell roughly 4m. That doesn't sound
like a failure to me.

Around the Network
errorpwns said:

Poor reading skills? I'd say your reading skills are fairly poor considering you could not grasp the context of his question and instead broke apart the question and dodged answering it.

The white knight returns! First off, go read the posts again. The issue was never about success with respect to the context of the game – that was a given. Read the first few posts very slowly. That’s why your post made no sense at all. Secondly, it would have been fruitless for me (and a waste of my time) to even address that user’s “argument” about context clues - especially since the user is known for escalation of commitment, even when wrong. Simply cherry picking a part of my post to support his argument (the last bit about sales) when there was another area relating to success (the area that just preceded it) was a failure on his part.

Oh and … there was no dodging. If someone is to address me, I’d prefer he/she do so correctly. In the user's case he needed to narrow his question and get me wet before the rough stuff .. 

Christmas is near so I’ll give you a link to Hooked on Phonics. You can thank me later. It will pay you dividends in life …

And ... that's the last response you'll get from me about this. Do have a good day, good sir/lady (by the way, I love how you mentioned poor reading skills, but made no reference to being biased!)

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

fleischr said:

The game was made and people enjoy it. That's how Platinum measures success. Their business is structured in a way that total sales don't matter so much.

No business throughout history has ever been structured like that. It doesn't even make sense. Sales are essentially the one and only external source of revenue in an industry that sells consumer products, and making money is (for better or worse) what businesses exist for. If Platinum Games doesn't care about money, they aren't going to exist for much longer.

An amazing success indeed, it more than halved the sales compared to the first game lol

Looking forward to Bayo2&3 dual pack for PS4

cutzman25 said:
I am shocked how Nintendo owners did not support this game by buying it. The same goes with Sunset Overdrive for the Xbox One. Both great games with amazing reviews and no one bought it

For me there is so many other games out there for wiiu that would be prioritized as they were the reason I bought the console in the first place. But I will definitively pick up bayonetta somwhere down the road when I've caught up on all the other games.

ryuzaki57 said:
An amazing success indeed, it more than halved the sales compared to the first game lol

Looking forward to Bayo2&3 dual pack for PS4