By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom is coming back!

Tagged games:

Lets hope so, I would like to see resident evil get back to it's roots personally. More on the survival horror side, with better movement.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:

Lol. They are repeting past mistake. Look at "trademark" spelling.

Spelling the word "trademark" is simply too damn hard for Capcom!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Darwinianevolution said:

I don't see a comeback at all

-ST5 is causing a lot of controversy due to its exclusivity for PS4. Not a good start for a game, and whether they made the inevitable improved versions multiplat or exclusive, people is going to be angry at the game and at Capcom.

-DMC:DMC was a very polarising and controversial game that sold poorly on PS360. Not the best choice for the franchise on this gen.

-Revelations 2 is going to piss off its fans on WiiU and 3DS, the biggest platform for the game.

1 Resident Evil: Revelations 3DS 2012 Action Capcom 0.26 0.19 0.30 0.04 0.80
2 Resident Evil: Revelations PS3 2013 Action Capcom 0.10 0.24 0.21 0.12 0.66
3 Resident Evil: Revelations X360 2013 Action Capcom 0.09 0.09 0.02 0.02 0.21
4 Resident Evil: Revelations WiiU 2013 Action Capcom 0.03 0.04 0.03 0.01 0.11
5 Resident Evil: Revelations PC 2013 Action Capcom 0.00 0.02 0.00 0.01 0.03

-Resident Evil 5 and 6 were poorly received. RE7 will sell well, but for name only.

It really desn't seen as bright as you make it look.

- sony gave them the money it was a wise decision to get money. Also PS fans will treat this game now as an exclusive. it will make up the lossess of the xbox

- And? what does it say? not having DMC remastered at all would be a wiser decision?

- what for fans on the wiiu? It sold the worst on the wiiu and given that ps3 and 360 owners got the game last it sold very well, i would say even better than the 3ds. because 3ds owners thought it would be an exclusive at the time and it didnt lived up sales wise in their opnion.

- Resi 5 is one of the best sold resi games ever made and got very good scores in reviews.

For me I've never had a problem with Capcom, but Square is a different story... >_>

If Capcom makes another Onimusha and Dino Crisis than that would put them back on top for me.

If that what it takes for them to come back, then gamers need to up the ante...

Around the Network

Mega Man is dead.

Ghosts n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest/Maximo is dead.

Breath of Fire is dead.

The last time they tried to put out a "Final Fight" game, it was hot garbage.

SFIV and MvC3 were okay, but certainly not amazing.

They haven't made anything in the Darkstalkers/Rival Schools/Power Stone/etc. series in forever.

The RE series hasn't been GOOD, IMO, since Code Veronica, and should have stopped there. In spite of many people loving RE4, IMO, it took the series in the way wrong direction, and it's only gotten worse since. Not to mention that, in general, the series has been beaten to death over the last decade anyway (oversaturation).

They chased off their only genuinely GREAT developer, Clover.

Really, the only successes they've had in recent years, are Lost Planet and Monster Hunter, and even then, mainly just Monster Hunter.

Don't get me wrong, I used to love Capcom. LOVED them. They were one of my top favorite game companies, and MOST of what they made used to be good, if not great. But, much like other former fav. game companies like Konami and Square, I'm sorry, but in the last 15+ years, they have gradually fallen to shit.

if you call that a comeback,then that's pretty sad.

DevilRising said:
Mega Man is dead.

Ghosts n Goblins/Gargoyle's Quest/Maximo is dead.

Breath of Fire is dead.

The last time they tried to put out a "Final Fight" game, it was hot garbage.

SFIV and MvC3 were okay, but certainly not amazing.

They haven't made anything in the Darkstalkers/Rival Schools/Power Stone/etc. series in forever.

The RE series hasn't been GOOD, IMO, since Code Veronica, and should have stopped there. In spite of many people loving RE4, IMO, it took the series in the way wrong direction, and it's only gotten worse since. Not to mention that, in general, the series has been beaten to death over the last decade anyway (oversaturation).

They chased off their only genuinely GREAT developer, Clover.

Really, the only successes they've had in recent years, are Lost Planet and Monster Hunter, and even then, mainly just Monster Hunter.

Don't get me wrong, I used to love Capcom. LOVED them. They were one of my top favorite game companies, and MOST of what they made used to be good, if not great. But, much like other former fav. game companies like Konami and Square, I'm sorry, but in the last 15+ years, they have gradually fallen to shit.

Despite your opinion on Resident Evil, they've sold great, and the modern ones share a fair amount of legit fanbase - which I include myself.

They made Dragon's Dogma, sold more than two million units.

They tried with Remember Me.

They created Asura's Wrath, which despite some horribly DLC practices, was a rough gem most people loved.

They brought Strider back.

They created Dead Rising which is IMO one of the greatest franchises of all time.

They sent a love letter to Resident Evil fans with Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles, for both the Wii and later the Ps3.

They remastered Okami for the Wii, then brought it back for Ps3

They tried with Dark Void, in co-operation with Airtight Games.

How is that falling into shit? How? Would you rather have them making more Mega Man and Rival School games?