By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom is coming back!

Tagged games:

I don't think I've ever bought a Capcom game. Considering my massive Library from PS1-PS4 that's really weird when I think about it. Maybe I'm forgetting something.

Around the Network

Do some damn Mega Man games, they can't possibly be as risky from a financial standpoint to make a classic series and maybe X series in alternating years. Do it in the old 8 and 16 bit graphics and put them on the arcade for the various consoles for $15-20, bypass all the retail side of things. It's been nearly 5 years since the last Classic game and over 10 since the last X game, how they could have 50+ games from 1988-2004 and then less than 10 from 2005-now just boggle the mind. I realize tastes and the genre aren't as popular but there is still plenty of a market for this stuff, just look at all the interest MIghty No 9 has received and that's would be called a Mega Man ripoff if it weren't made by Inafune.

I, for one, never hated Capcom. Except when Monster Hunter moved to Nintendo! Why Capcom, why? Well at least I get too play Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD Ver on my PS3! The Wii U wasn't the first console with an HD Monster Hunter 3! The PS3 was!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

no megaman, no capcom comeback.

Show me Dragon's Dogma 2 and I'll agree.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network

No. They will still have financial problems.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I don't at all. Aside from Street fighter v, they've done nothing to make me feel like they're getting better. They should be focusing on DMC 5 instead of remaking the other M of DMC. Revelations to shouldn't be episodic. And the last thing resident evil needs is another action game.

Not really a comeback as opposed to natural progression.

ST5 was inevitable.
RE Revalations 2 was a surprise and somewhat good to see it is more focused as survival horror than action game (so far).
DmC remastered port is just a cash grab like with all remastered ports.

Imo Capcom hasnt been getting worse but also havnt been getting better yet. Although I am more hopeful from them now then a year ago.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Darwinianevolution said

-Revelations 2 is going to piss off its fans on WiiU and 3DS, the biggest platform for the game.

1 Resident Evil: Revelations 3DS 2012 Action Capcom 0.26 0.19 0.30 0.04 0.80
2 Resident Evil: Revelations PS3 2013 Action Capcom 0.10 0.24 0.21 0.12 0.66
3 Resident Evil: Revelations X360 2013 Action Capcom 0.09 0.09 0.02 0.02 0.21
4 Resident Evil: Revelations WiiU 2013 Action Capcom 0.03 0.04 0.03 0.01 0.11
5 Resident Evil: Revelations PC 2013 Action Capcom 0.00 0.02 0.00 0.01 0.03

-Resident Evil 5 and 6 were poorly received. RE7 will sell well, but for name only.

It really desn't seen as bright as you make it look.

Revelations sold well on 3DS because that was a the platform is launched on. Had a PS3 or 360 version existed at launch, many wouldn't have bothered with the 3DS version. Maybe a lot of people played Revelations via digital download on home consoles.

RE5 was very well recieved and sold great. RE6 did okay but was a step down for the series. We haven't played RE7 so its not fair to judge it just yet.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I'm actually really excited for Street Fighter 5. It's not nearly as stiff as 4 and the block animations are amazing! It's amazing that this is early in development, it's only going to get better looking.

I really hope Capcom rebounds to it's former glory.