By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Baselines 2015?

Agree with mine?

Totally 8 28.57%

Not completely, but for the most part 8 28.57%

Some parts but mostly not 7 25.00%

Nope 5 17.86%

Total:28

3DS had one week at around 91k this year, it will likely be heavily down yoy next year and might dip into the high 60's or low 70's, in my opinion. The Wii U had at least one week below 30k this year (around 28k), there's no way the worst week will be over twice as good as that, with only one true major software release for the year and a bunch of second-tier games along with it, the summer will be brutal. I also believe the Wii U will be down at least 10-15% yoy in 2015 compared to 2014.

PS4 was never under 130k in 2014 as far as I know, so 120k sounds a bit low, it will be up yoy for sure at will likely see better average weeks due to that. Then again; it might dip below 120k as well; these are fickle times for home consoles.

I think the One could go below 80k at its worst, it had several weeks in the low 50's this year and the price cut is only temporary, not to mention that it still only has two major regions where it moves significant numbers (US and UK). I think the One will have a great year and be up a sizeable amount yoy but it might see some paltry weeks, I can easily see it falling below 80k on several occassions. A few slow week in the US is all it takes to offset global numbers a great deal.

My guess would be:

PS4: 135k

One: 65k

Wii U: 25k

3DS: 65k

Around the Network

I think you have WiiU too high and Vita too low. Vita may hover around 10K in Japan and scrape together 10K in the other regions combined, so 20K. WiiU does look more like a 30-40K baseline. Besides that it might be true more or less, or maybe we all will get surprised.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

We won't really have a good idea until 3 things occur:

1. We find out if the Xbox One price cut is indeed perm.
2. N3DS launches and the reception is fully understood.
3. After China PS4 and Vita launch because the release will generate sales above baseline.

PS4: 150k
Xone: 80k
3DS: 80k
WiiU: 50k
PSVITA: 30k
PS3: 20k
X360: 10k

I am willing to bet, that PS4 won't drop below 185k in 2015 - because PS4 won't suffer from the supposedly "drought".

Around the Network

Wii U will definitely sell lower than 60k at some point next year, and likely sell below that fairly consistently, same with xbone (especially if it goes back up to $400 after the holidays) and most likely ps4 at some point in the doldrums of summer.

i didnt think baseline meant the absolute worst it would sell in a given week. i figure if a console sells, say, 40k in a week, where it sold 50k every week prior to that and then sold 50k every week after that, its baseline isnt 40k anymore. a console can dip like that for a number of reasons. baseline is kind of like the average of the worst weeks a console can have, not the worst it can sell in a given week. that sounds reasonable to me.

Ka-pi96 said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
i didnt think baseline meant the absolute worst it would sell in a given week. i figure if a console sells, say, 40k in a week, where it sold 50k every week prior to that and then sold 50k every week after that, its baseline isnt 40k anymore. a console can dip like that for a number of reasons. baseline is kind of like the average of the worst weeks a console can have, not the worst it can sell in a given week. that sounds reasonable to me.

That's how I would define baseline as well

seems like a lot of people think wii u's baseline this year was 28k because that was its lowest week.. i dont understand that reasoning.

I forgot Ouya dammit it obviously it will sell 10m weekly on a bad wek

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

LordLichtenstein said:

I am willing to bet, that PS4 won't drop below 185k in 2015 - because PS4 won't suffer from the supposedly "drought".

That prediction is bold enough to warrant a thread ;)

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.