By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Charm of Yoshi's Wooly World

What do you think?

It truly is an amazing looking game. 69 85.19%

It's ok looking. 9 11.11%

I think the art style is bad. 2 2.47%

Total:80

My wife’s brother and I enjoy being around one another but we often times get into debates (friendly) over things and we RARELY agree on much of anything. He is a PC elite overlord masterrace member (and proudly admits it) and, while I have a beast of a pc and enjoy steam games and guildwars 2, I consider myself to be a huge Nintendo fanboy. He only enjoys movies that are extremely dark and artistic (and even then still finds something to complain about) where as I can appreciate a multitude of types of movies EXCEPT for extremely dark/depressing movies (other than a few classics). The list goes on about things that we are polar opposites on, and in the family it is a running joke that when we actually do agree on something it causes everyone to pause and say something along the lines of “wait… what? What just happened?”

Alas, we have found something we agree on. We are both incomprehensibly drawn to the charm of Yoshi’s Wooly World. The music in it, the hd yarn look making it look so real, the sound effects, how things in the foreground are fuzzy while the background us focused on, the colors, the level design. We both are in love with this game more than I ever thought the two of us could be. We haven’t agreed this much on anything since the original Paper Mario game and this may be more in sync than even that agreement!

Nintendo is on to something special with this game. I often review games and occasionally give charm points to games that have unexplainable qualities (+5, 10, or 15 depending on the amount of hidden charm), but this game may break my charm scale. There is something Disney like about Wooly World and I think I’m going crazy in anticipation of it. Just look at these pictures and I mean REALLY look at them:

Is

Around the Network

It's pretty much the same kind of charm Epic Yarn and it suits the Yoshi franchise perfectly!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Looks deliciously cute. Definitely a must-own!

I don't see the problem. You like Nintendo and he likes things that are soul-chilling and creepy. Makes sense that you'd both like Wooly World.

pokoko said:
I don't see the problem. You like Nintendo and he likes things that are soul-chilling and creepy. Makes sense that you'd both like Wooly World.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Are you calling this soul-chilling and creepy? lol

pokoko said:

Indeed, Yoshi is a foul beast. Swallowing creatures live and forcibly churns them through his stomach and out the other end only to become encased in eggs.

They are neither living nor dead, trapped in an eternal limbo of pain and anger. And to make things worse they can do nothing while the demonic green beast hurls their shell encased bodies at their former friends. The torture of being used as a weapon against your dear comrades... not even a fate fit for a Shakespearian play.

One thing is for certain, dont let his cute face fool you, he will eat you and everyone you care about in a heartbeat.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:
pokoko said:

Indeed, Yoshi is a foul beast. Swallowing creatures live and forcibly churns them through his stomach and out the other end only to become encased in eggs.

They are neither living nor dead, trapped in an eternal limbo of pain and anger. And to make things worse they can do nothing while the demonic green beast hurls their shell encased bodies at their former friends. The torture of being used as a weapon against your dear comrades... not even a fate fit for a Shakespearian play.

One thing is for certain, dont let his cute face fool you, he will eat you and everyone you care about in a heartbeat.

How can you explain the transformation they overcome when the egg breaks? Sometimes coins come out, other times they become living stars, but almost always nothing but air comes out...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

They are some nice looking screens, I may have to keep an eye on this game.

This game is even cuter than Epic Yarn. And that's saying a lot imo. This may end up being one of the cutest games of the generation, next to Captain Toad and arguably LBP3.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread