By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Reasons Why you might not want to pre-order The Order 1886

I really like this game a lot. Great atmosphere, setting, weapons, even clothing lol. Not too bothered about QTE but combat looks good as well, I hope it is like uncharted games.

Eurogamer is not the site I would go. Their article, scores are all for creating contorversy or for that matter any website these days. I can decided by myself, thanks. Barely pre-order games and don't have a PS4 as yet though

Around the Network
method114 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
I haven't watched, but your list of their complaints seems extremely valid. The amount of salt and butt hurt in the GAF thread is mind blowing. Some even claiming there is some mass media conspiracy against Sony LOL.

The more they show of this game tthe more it appears as if it's the PS4 version of Ryse. 3rd person, repetitive combat, very linear, little to no exploration, QTE's, etc, but also just amazing graphics.

You know what games you just described that I love? Resident Evil 5 and Gears of War.

I don't need every game to offer me massive amounts of areas to explore I don't understand how this became a complaint for every game now. Repetitve combat ok please tell me all these amazing games that don't have repeitive combat. Shadow Of Mordor was  so loved and the combat was very repetitive which is fine becase it was fun as hell I didn't want it to change. 

Gears was awesome. Gears 1 anyway. By the time Gears 3 came out I was so over the linear cinematic experience that I played it for maybe 15 minutes and never touched it again. And it's not about massive areas to explore. Just don't hold my hand the entire time and force me down a narrow corridor over and over.

I'm not pre-ordering it anyways. For me it's just another generic TPS with pretty graphic and no multiplayer.

I've pre order this because it looks exactly my cup of tea. Unlike a lot of people hating on this game I like pretty much all types of action games. QTE's? Didn't stop me enjoying the shit out of every God of War. Beautiful graphics? I like those! Linear gameplay? People don't hold that against Bloodbourne :) Solid 3rd person shooter? Yeah I like that too.

I highly doubt I won't enjoy this game. I'll just have to wait and see.

But the hate this is getting from some people is hilarious. Funny thing is, if it wasn't exclusive it wouldn't get the hate. A bit like The Crew. Terrible game and much worse then Driveclub. Yet when Driveclub launched with broken online loads of people were calling it garbage and were saying "wait till the crew comes out". LMAO

curl-6 said:
DonFerrari said:
curl-6 said:
But it haz teh pwetty grafix

It sure have, but I tough you gave no importance for those.

Importance is relative; they're not entirely insignificant, I just don't think they're anywhere near as important as gameplay.

A game that plays great but has bad graphics is still great, while a game that plays bad but has great graphics is still bad.

In my humble opinion, anyway.

This, gameplay always comes first. Ryse is a bad game with amazing graphics for example, even it's one of the best looking game on pc,  but game is really repetitive and boring.

Around the Network

Does preordering something mean something different in the US than Australia?? I dont understand why people are so against preorders sometimes, Im free to get my money back at any time if I dont end up wanting the game and it means I get the preorder bonus or garenteed a limited edition if one is announced.

jesus christ, media really has it out for this game iv never seen a site tell you not to pre-order a game before

oh well,there is enough casuals buying the PS4 to get the order to 2m even with all the hate,

we love our cinematic tps shooter qte expereince in the playstation library

Above & Beyond

Ninsect said:
It's rare to see the media so against a game before it comes out that they make numerous articles/videos about its negative sides.

Was just thinking this. What kind of journalists has such a strong stance, instead of just summarizing the events and telling the good/bad, he just says "Don't consider any money for this". I understand a "may want to wait until the final product arrives", but this isn't that.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

the camera is zoomed in way to close to teh character.Saw teh demo where the character was to climb a ladder and you could only see the ass of the character rather then what you have to climb or the enemy above you . I can see that will cause alot of annoyance when shooting enemies and will one of the things that will cause a reduction of the overall score. TPS shouldn't be zoomed in that close .