By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Reasons Why you might not want to pre-order The Order 1886

I never thought i would see the day that I said this....

But maybe devs should not allow game journalists play preview/beta versions of their games. I mean...complaining about bugs in a preview build as a reason for why people shouldn't buy a final build?????? Damn.

Around the Network

It's rare to see the media so against a game before it comes out that they make numerous articles/videos about its negative sides.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

celador said:
Was expecting this to be posted.

Mentioning bugs in a game that is months from completion is ridiculous.

The Order is an easy target it appears. I have never seen Eurogamer tell people not to preorder other games. If the article simply stuck to what they actually played and didn't mention not preordering, it would have been fine, but clearly they are looking for clicks.

Pathetic

Its only 2 months away, that should be fixed by now.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

I watched this earlier today and I'm not too surprised. I didn't have much hope for this title to begin with. Even IGN had a similar take during E3, where they didn't feel the game was polished it it had a bunch of issues, if they haven't fixed that by now they'll never fix it. I wont hold my breath. 6-7/10.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

celador said:
Was expecting this to be posted.

Mentioning bugs in a game that is months from completion is ridiculous.

The Order is an easy target it appears. I have never seen Eurogamer tell people not to preorder other games. If the article simply stuck to what they actually played and didn't mention not preordering, it would have been fine, but clearly they are looking for clicks.

Pathetic

I have to agree.  I have never seen them tell anyone not to preorder anything either.  Even the most shittiest of games.   The bias for what they want the game to be is really prefound.  From the demos, everyone has seen all aspects - from QTE to combat and I see where the cinematic direction is headed and it looks good.  I don't want the game to play like Gears.  Its like they have drawn a line in the sand as to what makes a game a game. 

Around the Network

After seeing LBP 3 and Drive Club score in the 70's on metacritic, there are enough concerns about the Order to beli3ve the same fate will happen to it.

Not a surpurb game but a decent game in its own right. Nothing wrong with that. But I suggest fans dial their hype down accordingly to be safe.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Frankly nowadays no game should be pre-ordered. There's almost never a shortage of stock.

Hear, hear.

Unless it's a rare game guaranteed to be in short supply, consumers would really benefit from avoiding pre-orders altogether. The medium would benefit also.

Agreed. It might also stop late embargoes since consumers will wait until the game reviewed before they decide to buy it.

And those clunky looking QTEs.

It would seem a lot more unbiased if they simply said to stop preordering anything.

sales2099 said:
After seeing LBP 3 and Drive Club score in the 70's on metacritic, there are enough concerns about the Order to beli3ve the same fate will happen to it.

Not a surpurb game but a decent game in its own right. Nothing wrong with that. But I suggest fans dial their hype down accordingly to be safe.

Yeah it's worrying, it might even join Ryse and Kinect Sports Rivals at scraping a score in the low 60s.

Clearly the media aren't getting along well with it