By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogamer: Reasons Why you might not want to pre-order The Order 1886

I heard the game was only 6-8 hours long without coop or multiplayer... The game has 2 black bars on the top and bottom screen... and now this.

I'm glad I didn't pre order that game

PS4 Game Collection

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
celador said:
JWeinCom said:

Oh... so then I assume you'd congratulate this guy for taking a stand against buggy games and calling them out.  Right?

You know the difference between an unreleased game and a released one. Right?

Right.  And you do know the difference between a preview and a review, right?  And you do realize that bugs in a game two month out are a big warning sign, right?

Is it?  I think optimisation and bug fixes are always one of the last things that get done on any project.  This game is two months away.

And why have Eurogamer fixated on this game, without doing the same for others?  They even mentioned bugs in their Ass Creed Unity preview, but never said that you shouldn't preorder because of it.

I think Ill pre order Final fantasy Type-0 collector edition Instead ...and maybe Bloodborne 

PS4 Game Collection

DonFerrari said:
Never buy day one, much less preorder. But I'll buy it anyway, how long after release and for how much will depend on how good the game is.

Indeed. Summer 2015 for 30 sounds about right.

It looks great but the gameplay is just terrible.

Around the Network
celador said:
JWeinCom said:
celador said:
JWeinCom said:

Oh... so then I assume you'd congratulate this guy for taking a stand against buggy games and calling them out.  Right?

Right.  And you do know the difference between a preview and a review, right?  And you do realize that bugs in a game two month out are a big warning sign, right?

Is it?  I think optimisation and bug fixes are always one of the last things that get done on any project.  This game is two months away.

And why have Eurogamer fixated on this game, without doing the same for others?  They even mentioned bugs in their Ass Creed Unity preview, but never said that you shouldn't preorder because of it.

The game is two months away... but it's not like they're working on it up to the night before.  Games go gold like... a month before release, I think?  So, they have about 1 to 1.5 months to work on it.  If they can't get a bug free slice of game in time for a demo, that's a problem worth pointing out in a preview.

If people are complaining about unfair treatment, they should complain when these things AREN'T pointed out as a big deal, not if they are.

Jeez, people do love to cry about things don't they? Give it a rest. Even DA:I, that won GOTY, has doubters and even with people complaining about Destiny's poor narrative, there are still millions playing and many more wanting it, loads of people enjoying it because it's multiplayer fun.

Game journalists seem to be stuck up their own arse sometimes.

Hmm, pie.

Madword said:
I really liked what I saw of that demo...

Sorry to EG, but I don't think my feelings on games meet their feelings on what is good these days. Ever since the Mafia 3 review, and other pretty poor reviews, I just don't care... getting it day 1, will probably really enjoy it.

I do find it surprising that no sites seem to be criticising Until Dawn for QTE's.... sounds like selective stuff.

There is no sorry to EG, it’s an opinion so if yours does not match up with the author then it’s a go.  For me, the video highlighted everything I do not want to do in a game.  I do not like a lot of QTEs.  Its one of the main reasons I cannot get with any of David Cage games like Heavy Rain.  I wanted to like and play the game but became to bored and never came close to finishing any of them.

Absolutely cannot stand instant fail type of stealth missions where I have to start at the beginning if caught.  What that tells me is that the game is prescripted through those parts and if you do not do it exactly as the developer wants then it screws up the game.  Stuff like that would frustrate me and make me hate the game.

While these things are may not be an issue for me, they are pretty big deal breakers for me.  I wish more sites for previews would give you their good and bad instead of the gushing previews we see then a painful review when the game arrives.

As far as until dawn, I do not believe anyone actually had time to play the game to give you a feeling on how it plays.  Do not forget that the author actually played the Order and this is his opinion of that play through.

This is fucking stupid. xD

celador said:
JWeinCom said:
celador said:
JWeinCom said:

Could it be that because of Unity, Halo MCC, Driveclub that EG decided that maybe gamers might want to know about aspect of gameplay that could result in a bad purchase.  Since we have seen a few AAA games reach market with bugs intact, it does seem like making them known early is a good course so that they get addressed before the game launch.  If a preview states it sees these bugs in the game and they make it to retail, that tells you the developers and publisher decided the game can release with those bugs without addressing them but instead doing it in a patch.

Really, gamers need to stop being butt hurt for developer/publishers/console OEMs.  Instead people should take criticism as its meant to be, a way for you to have information before you spend your hard earned money.  I noticed on most forums instead of actually talking about whether any of the issues raised is a deal breaker, people put on their favorite corporation banner and start to wave it around.