By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Is More Important Than It Should Be

The US is the most important market and the centre of the world so yes, NPD is very important. Stop downplaying it.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Oh joy, NOW npd isn't as meaningful.

The USA is one of the biggest single territories for videogame sales. Sure, it would be great if we had WW numbers, but NPD is factual data that we can use. Its importance cannot be understated.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Welfare said:
The US is the biggest market right now for video games.

Europe is more important and a bigger market for video games throughout the year. The US is one of the biggest markets for video games.

NPD is only important when you win.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

keeps up debate which is what vgc is for. I'm always going to see things from a global perspective period, which is why last gen. I dropped the 360/PS3 timeline scenario. though in some respects it could be proven PS3 would have won America, and dominated Wii and 360, if Sony hadn't been so careless can be argued but we'll never truly know.

all Sony needed was 1 big exclusive, and Nov. could have been theirs, but they had nothing big enough to compete with the wave MS brought. well that's my spin anyway.

VGC has no point without the number coming in from all sides. yes NPD is more important than it should be, but so are all the sites that report sales.

mainly until the global numbers come in, but shipments are more importan, and tell the whole story,  showing the bigger picture.

and right now the bigger picture is PLAYSTATION DOMINATION GLOBALLY!!!!!!!

"Worldwide" is really just is a euphemism for second an third world and it's not relevant . The only thing the media and investors care about is America - we're the most important country on earth, so US sales should be 80% of what matters.

Aeolus451 said:
Welfare said:
The US is the biggest market right now for video games.

Europe is more important and a bigger market for video games throughout the year. The US is one of the biggest markets for video games.

Europe is not a market, it's a continent. The Americas are a bigger market then than Europe. Even with 2 and a half times the population of the US, Europe is BARELY bigger than the US market alone.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
NPD is only important when you win.

This I can agree with. It definitely feels more important to some users when their console of choice wins it.

kitler53 said:
us is of massive importance because it is the only place xbox does well.

pretty much this.  It and UK are the only real battlegrounds left this gen.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers