By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD Is More Important Than It Should Be

GribbleGrunger said:

I just can't believe what I read on this forum sometimes. The PS4 has outsold the XB1 WW but the XB1 has outsold the PS4 in America. It's as simple as that. No matter how many times people try to prove one market is bigger than the other, the fact still remains the PS4 outsold the XB1 in November. The PS4 stretched its lead for another month and will again in December. That doesn't make the XB1 a bad console though, which is what I think a lot of people think these topics are designed to show.

well we'd need to see adjustments,who knows with our numbers,you'd think if the xbox had its bestest ever November it would win WW but amazing form PS4 if it has won the week

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

well we'd need to see adjustments,who knows with our numbers,you'd think if the xbox had its bestest ever November it would win WW but amazing form PS4 if it has won the week

The XB1 won by 400k in America and I'd imagine (I'm honestly certain) that the PS4 would have easily sold more than 400k in ALL the other territories. Last generation the Xbox360 won WW at this time of the year by 1m, then 800k and then around 500k. That isn't happening this generation and for the first time in years, the PS brand is going to win WW during the Christmas period. Traditionally, the PS brand then goes on to win the following 9 - 10 months.

The PS5 Exists. 

Welfare said:
Kerotan said:
Welfare said:
The US is the biggest market right now for video games.

Planet Earth is the biggest market for video games. Selling more globally in the globe is what really matters. 

You know exactly what I mean.

I do and you know exaclty what I mean. You can sell as much as you like in one place, but it's the WW numbers that decide, in the end of the day. 

Ka-pi96 said:
Qwark said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Because it helps perpetuate that America are the centre of the universe and anything outside of America doesn't count. Sony won November but XB1 won NPD. So, because America are perceived as the centre of the universe, people believe the XB1 closed the gap. It was the reason all through last gen many people on other websites couldn't understand how the PS3 was catching up even though it was getting outsold by the centre of the universe.

Given the fact that the US slices Asia in halve to stand in the middle of the world map says enough. But I got to give them credit because the US is the biggest and more important most exciting market 

To be fair to 'em, every country puts themselves in the centre of the world map.

There can only be one logical conclusion of the centre of the world.

Think of national holidays.

Who celebrates independance day? Just the USA

Bastille Day? Just France. Fiesta Nacional de España? Just Spain

St Patricks Day? Every country celebrates the true centre of the world!

Kerotan said:
Welfare said:

I do and you know exaclty what I mean. You can sell as much as you like in one place, but it's the WW numbers that decide, in the end of the day. 

Exactly.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Around the Network
Welfare said:
Kerotan said:
Welfare said:

Exactly.

I'm glad we both agree on the Market that really matters!