By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2014 NPD Thread!

Judging by all we know (kind of) then maybe that guys tweet was right.

There was like a 9k difference and they added up to 2.05m

Around the Network
adabala said:
the 7 - 10k gap is not true.
dont put to much effort into it.

it will be wasted within two hours

At least it gives us something to talk about while we wait for the leaked numbers.

benji232 said:
At this rate, is wiiU even going to reach 15M units lifetime? I can't believe how badly it performed this November. Japan is down, Americas is almost flat and we have no clue about Europe (I'm talking about holiday sales of course). They might end up shipping only 2.2.-2.4m units this Q which would mean they would end up barely hitting their very low forecast. Given the release of smash and kart, I was expecting wiiU to smash that forecast and end up shipping something like 4-4.5m. I guess I was wrong.

And this year is probably it's peak year, meaning that next year will probably bring wiiU LTD sales to 12m units (?) and then they're probably going to barely reach 15M lifetime. Actually they're probably going to end up with 14m units sales lifetime seeing how badly the system is performing.

What's the approx LTD right now? 

You're probably right. That is a very poor number for them this year given the much better lineup of games. 

I wonder how long they will support Wii U given all this. 

benji232 said:
At this rate, is wiiU even going to reach 15M units lifetime? I can't believe how badly it performed this November. Japan is down, Americas is almost flat and we have no clue about Europe (I'm talking about holiday sales of course). They might end up shipping only 2.2.-2.4m units this Q which would mean they would end up barely hitting their very low forecast. Given the release of smash and kart, I was expecting wiiU to smash that forecast and end up shipping something like 4-4.5m. I guess I was wrong.

And this year is probably it's peak year, meaning that next year will probably bring wiiU LTD sales to 12m units (?) and then they're probably going to barely reach 15M lifetime. Actually they're probably going to end up with 14m units sales lifetime seeing how badly the system is performing.

I'd assume that Europe is mostly flat too ... Not 50% increase compared to last year ...

kitler53 said:
JudasKiss said:
That GAF thread makes them seem like sore losers. It's like a Falcons fan telling me "Y-you guys only won by 0.042!"

You still lost. Take it like a man.

fixed for proper scaling.

Also need to include that since NPD estimates part of their numbers, 10K is definitely within the margin of error.  If the 10K is true, then I think it's safe to just call it a draw.  Or a Sony win, if we throw profit into it.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Either 9.1m needs to be decreased or 16.1m needs to be increased. Or a bit of both. Either way, the gap VGC is showing for NPD is not even close to the reality (if this turns out to be true)

If Sony is to believed, 16,1M needs to be increased since it should be ahead of Wii, being the fastest selling console in the history

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Woah if that PS4 number rumor is true. I guess it seems unlikely but there have been some prior months where XOne seemed to come out on top but to the contrary PS4 stayed strong and came ahead. So it's possible that if PS4 lost out then it's not by much.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

fatslob-:O said:
benji232 said:

I'd assume that Europe is mostly flat too ... Not 50% increase compared to last year ...

actually we have new info showing france is 50% yoy still(sold 21k firs week of december)

so yeah there is a chance wii u is only up in france and thats it

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

LOL if anyone believe cboat, dude is constantly wrong, even got banned on Neogaf for it. Which i find funny because we found out that it was a group mod account used to drum up hits when ekim got found out after the valve source engine thing.

poklane said:
hiimnew said:
Neither is 1m+ if they were the PR would've stated it

Yup. If the 7k-10k gap is true and neither console reached 1 mil it would put XB1 between 909k and 1mil and it would put PS4 between 899k and 990k.

Oh boy I wouldn't want to walk on ioi shoes if this is true. Talk about a shitstorm.