By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2014 NPD Thread!

XBO won BF then, sony woudn't mention only amazon otherwise.

Around the Network
sully1311 said:
Sony PR:

We are thrilled with the incredible momentum seen at retail heading into the holiday shopping season. PS4 is the cumulative leader in hardware sales and was #1 on the Amazon Video Games Bestseller list on Black Friday. On the network side, November was the biggest month ever in PlayStation Store history with a nearly 50 percent increase in unique visitors compared to last year. We couldn’t have done any of this without the support of our fans. The immediate success of PlayStation Experience and celebration of the 20th Anniversary demonstrates tremendous dedication to the PlayStation platform. We are humbled by the loyalty of our fans and look forward to amazing them in 2015.

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/xbox-one-vs-ps4-can-microsoft-sustain-new-momentum-sony/

Lmao that spin!! #1 on the Amazon Video Games Bestseller list on Black Friday. I have never seen that in PR from anyone lol

lol @ "we are humbled"

jlmurph2 said:
sully1311 said:
Sony PR:

We are thrilled with the incredible momentum seen at retail heading into the holiday shopping season. PS4 is the cumulative leader in hardware sales and was #1 on the Amazon Video Games Bestseller list on Black Friday. On the network side, November was the biggest month ever in PlayStation Store history with a nearly 50 percent increase in unique visitors compared to last year. We couldn’t have done any of this without the support of our fans. The immediate success of PlayStation Experience and celebration of the 20th Anniversary demonstrates tremendous dedication to the PlayStation platform. We are humbled by the loyalty of our fans and look forward to amazing them in 2015.

http://www.geekwire.com/2014/xbox-one-vs-ps4-can-microsoft-sustain-new-momentum-sony/

Lmao that spin!! #1 on the Amazon Video Games Bestseller list on Black Friday. I have never seen that in PR from anyone lol

Awful isn't it.

jlmurph2 said:
sully1311 said:
Sony PR:

Someone should really make an forum about this. I can't because I need 1 more post to make a topic! XD

Proud to be a Californian.

Well that's an...interesting PR....Amazon? Really?

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
sully1311 said:
Sony PR:

lol @ "we are humbled"

TBF they've used humbled in a lot of the PR's for NPDs. People just quoting the tweets as there PR are wrong. Guy Longsworth(?) always does about a paragraph in PR for NPD, normally.

Scrap that no they havent.

I'd fire whoever wrote that.

Aquamarine said:

One Million, Two-Hundred-Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Consoles of The All-In-One Gaming And Entertainment System Were Sold In The Four Week Period From November 2nd Through November 29th In the United States Of America Retail Market According To The Definitive Retail Tracker The NPD Group.

Well, guess VGC wasn't too far off in the end. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

jlmurph2 said:
sully1311 said:
Sony PR:

lol @ "we are humbled"

What spin? I'm not seeing what Sony has to be ashamed of. MS had to drop the price twice to win this month. They all but gave X1 away..... We shouldn't pretend Sony can't do a price drop of their own if needed. 

Sagemode87 said:
jlmurph2 said:
sully1311 said:
Sony PR:

lol @ "we are humbled"

What spin? I'm not seeing what Sony has to be ashamed of. MS had to drop the price twice to win this month. They all but gave X1 away.....