By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2014 NPD Thread!

Great win for Xb1 in the end. It seems VGC had both PS4 and XB1 over by roughly the same amount, 200k. Excellent estimate for 3DS

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
Xbox One is the ONLY 8th gen console to be up yoy in its 2nd November.

Can I say it please?...

It's also the ONLY 8th gen console to be sold for $150 (including 2 games) less in its 2nd November than it was in its first (and that is not even including Black Friday).

Doesn't mean a thing if people didn't want the system. Ppl did though. I mean it could've not sold as much

TheSting said:
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
Xbox One is the ONLY 8th gen console to be up yoy in its 2nd November.

Can I say it please?...

It's also the ONLY 8th gen console to be sold for $150 (including 2 games) less in its 2nd November than it was in its first (and that is not even including Black Friday).

Doesn't mean a thing if people didn't want the system. Ppl did though. I mean it could've not sold as much

Yeah that does not negate the price cut and bundling and its massive influence on the X1 being up yoy in November.

You can't just mention the achievements and ignore the sacrifices that had to be made for them.

DerNebel said:

Yeah that does not negate the price cut and bundling and its massive influence on the X1 being up yoy in November.

You can't just mention the achievements and ignore the sacrifices that had to be made for them.

Pretty much this. 1.2m was a great achievement(One that MS has yet to acknowledge which is still troubling..) the fact is tho in order to achieve it they had to make the cost to the consumer for the console less than that of the wii u currently. Which is a huuuuge sacrifice, so it's understandable that they got a huge return in their investment. 

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Another info:

Bayonetta 2 - 27K (~95K LTD)

Prediction: End of 2015 Hardware sales (as of January 20, 2015)

Wii U: 12.1M | XBO: 19.8M | PS4: 36.0M | 3DS: 58.5M | PSV: 11.7M

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Well we didn't get Oct numbers in last month, though we gt a hint (i think). The PSTV is under 39k lifetime, which was released in Oct as well.

Do you have a link to that 2m Sold in US?

I believe I was reading that on the NPD gaf thread last night while at work.

It was on my phone so no link, that thread is now like 100+ pages anyway.

Chartz tracking of the XB1 was 15% higher than what it actually was, 27% and 55%(yikes!) for PS4 and WiiU respectively.

kowenicki said:

Thats a massive overtrack of WiiU here.

PS4 did pretty good, ONE was insane.

Spock approves.

Love it, Love it!!!

KyleeStrutt said:
tbone51 said:

Well we didn't get Oct numbers in last month, though we gt a hint (i think). The PSTV is under 39k lifetime, which was released in Oct as well.

Do you have a link to that 2m Sold in US?

I believe I was reading that on the NPD gaf thread last night while at work.

It was on my phone so no link, that thread is now like 100+ pages anyway.

Chartz tracking of the XB1 was 15% higher than what it actually was, 27% and 55%(yikes!) for PS4 and WiiU respectively.

Dayummmm!!! I'll see if they reposted it or something^

MepH said:

Another info:

Bayonetta 2 - 27K (~95K LTD)

So just 100% overtracked, noice

So Chartz said that on the first week Bayo 2 sold 120k or so right?

Actually in 5 or 6 weeks I believe and it's still lower than that, Bomboneta 2 indeed.

Hell Hyrule Warriors did like twice as much only in September.