By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2014 NPD Thread!

I knew that cbot source on NG was wayyy off base. Great sales for both. 1.2M! Holy crap! Great job on the great deals all around for both. And, of course, great for all of us!

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:
So, WiiU overtracked by 140k in the US, I believe the overtracking in Europe hasn't been fixed, so that's like 100k more there.

WiiU is most likely at around 7.6m at the end of November, if not less, comparing it to the Dreamcast is rather mean to the Dreamcast now, the Sega Saturn is more fair.

Plus, the Saturn saw most of its success in Japan where it even outsold the N64. This ensured a steady stream of Japanese games (600+ titles including lots of exclusives) for about 4 years. Beyond first party, it doesn't look like the WiiU will last four years. Even price cuts are unlikely to do much. After all, the GC had a stronger library and sold for $199 to $99 for most of its life.  

Conegamer said:
kowenicki said:

Thats a massive overtrack of WiiU here.

PS4 did pretty good, ONE was insane.

Seems like everything was overtracked, to be fair.

True, just looks worse for wiiu for 1 reason! 3DS was spot on, only off by 18k is damn good for a Nov, remember last year when it was off by a couple 100k >_>

LiquorandGunFun said:
watch dogs wiiu 16K

Welp that is that.

Wow it did really good^

kopstudent89 said:
Ouch Wii U.... 3DS not great either. Not a good month for Nintendo

515k is pretty good imo, when considering all things^ WiiU though :-/

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:
Reading around, supposedly total sales of the Vita+TV in the US should be 2 million or so in the US.

That would put Vita+Tv at around 100k for this month, can anybody confirm this?

That seems kinda high? 100k for Vita this month would mean its higher thn last years Dec.

tbone51 said:

That seems kinda high? 100k for Vita this month would mean its higher thn last years Dec.

From what I read it should be at 2m sold in the US, that 100k is just the difference I got, my US numbers might be a little too high, also it's Vita and PSTV.

KyleeStrutt said:
tbone51 said:

From what I read it should be at 2m sold in the US, that 100k is just the difference I got, my US numbers might be a little too high, also it's Vita and PSTV.

Well we didn't get Oct numbers in last month, though we gt a hint (i think). The PSTV is under 39k lifetime, which was released in Oct as well.

Do you have a link to that 2m Sold in US?

Namiirei said:
Drazgonow said:
JayWood2010 said:

To be fair NPD isnt 100% accurate either ^ Plus NPD rounds things up/down, VGC doesnt.

Add the fact the leaked numbers are purposely fudged.

So aquamarine totally stopped to leak real numbers ?

She didn't even leak anything yet. All numbers leaked from GAF aren't "fudged".

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

Why are people tagging this thread?