By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2014 NPD Thread!

Not surprised the One took this one, kind of surprised that it did by such a huge margin. MS took charge of the situation and have proven that the One is a very attractive product underneath the pricetag and slow start, I always did believe it has great potential to sell.

As for numbers being off in here; post-holiday adjustments always change things up and the image of the holiday sales situation will be a lot clearer in hindsight into January and February when the pieces fall into place. That is some fairly heavy overtracking though, especially the Wii U, 60% above is a small disaster, BF numbers were likely 100k lower in reality.

I also wonder what the "undertracked!" crew will have to say about the One and PS4 for November.

Around the Network

Terrible Nintendo numbers. Just sad.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

So are this only PS TV numbers ore are the PS Vita sales included?

true_fan said:
Ryng_Tolu said:
CoD AW:

XO: 1,460,000 (1.26M + 200K bundle)
360: 1,305,000
PS4: 1,170,000
PS3: 765,000

Man that is crazy how much power COD has. Just imagine the boost XB1 could get if the next COD is next gen only and some of those 360 owners upgrade to XB1.

Looking at these numbers, and also in the UK, I'm sure Activision will keep the series on last gen as long as possible. Since Tomb Raider, MGS and more games are still cross gen, no chance that 2015 CoD will go next-gen only. CoD and FIFA will be the last ones to move on...

Ouch Wii U.... 3DS not great either. Not a good month for Nintendo

Around the Network

Xbox One is the ONLY 8th gen console to be up yoy in its 2nd November.

Ka-pi96 said:
Burek said:

Looking at these numbers, and also in the UK, I'm sure Activision will keep the series on last gen as long as possible. Since Tomb Raider, MGS and more games are still cross gen, no chance that 2015 CoD will go next-gen only. CoD and FIFA will be the last ones to move on...

Considering FIFA didn't stop releasing on PS2 until after the PS4 released we may have a very long wait for that...

Exactly... Both EA and Activision realize that they have titles that will continue to be bought by people who will never move on to the next gen. 

jlmurph2 said:

Maybe the reason is that it only sold for 9 days last November.

However, your statement is not true because WiiU is up 10%, and no matter what people think about it, it is still 8th gen.

Burek said:
jlmurph2 said:

Maybe the reason is that it only sold for 9 days last November.

However, your statement is not true because WiiU is up 10%, and no matter what people think about it, it is still 8th gen.

This is Wii U's third November. Last year was 220k, below Nov 2012 (launch).

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

jlmurph2 said:

Can I say it please?...

It's also the ONLY 8th gen console to be sold for $150 (including 2 games) less in its 2nd November than it was in its first (and that is not even including Black Friday).