By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC's GAMES OF THE YEAR! 2014

Around the Network

We need a like system because I wanna upvote Bayonetta 2

Mario Kart 8

I played a few of the heavy - hitters of the year: Destiny, Smash, MK8, TitanFall & inFamous: Second Son alongside NBA2K15 + TLoU: Remasterd. I enjoyed Destiny, didn't get to clock in enough time for Smash, MK8 or TF but I recently played and completed SS. And from that tidbit I must say the latest inFamous is easily the best game all year! The realistic story, the tweak in the use of powers, the fluidity and fidelity of exploration, DUP controlled areas + side missions (could still be improved) & the graphics of course. It does everything a sequel is supposed to do without losing the identity of the original. The complete package felt great compared to inFamous 2 which was sort of a letdown for me.

W-wait... Did I complete any game, or even buy a game, that came out in 2014...? Wow, I didn't.

Around the Network

TLoU Remastered just to troll everyone who trolled the remaster.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Not much anything good came out this year for me. Smash, I guess. I only bought MK8, Smash, Evil Within and Dark Souls 2, Sunset Overdrive(havent played). Theres other games I want but wont be worth it for me unless I can get them for

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Haven't finished Shadow of Modor yet, but i'm loving it so far. Probably will be my GOTY since i'm not sure i'll get around to opening DA this year.

Bayonetta 2

Mario kart 8 without a doubt!Best mario kart ever!:P