By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC's GAMES OF THE YEAR! 2014

The Last of Us

Around the Network

I have to give it to mariokart 8. We play the game every day. Its been a while since I played a game so much.

This War of Mine! Great indie game that you guys should try. It's on Steam.

Ryudo said:
TomShoe said:
Game of the year is Bloodborne. So good it wins 2014's GOTY.

Enough said.

You have not played it yet but by that logic then Xenoblade Wins and Ys wins.

Obviously. And Xenoblade Chronicles X is on lock for next year.

pitzy272 said:
Transistor!

Haven't gotten that euphoric feeling from a game in a long time until playing this game. The world, the atmosphere, the characters, the story, the visuals, the art design, the music, the gameplay, the voice acting--all was top notch. I spent the time to platinum it just because I liked it so much. The last time I did that was 4 or more years ago.

I continue to be shocked Transistor didn't get a 90+ on Metacritic.

This. I completely agree with you, Transistor was a fantastic game, as well as Supergiant's last game, Bastion. Both of them are high on my list of favorites and I hope we get to see more of Supergiant's genius sooner than later.

I'm now filled with determination.

Around the Network

I haven't played Dragon Age and Far cry 4 yet, hardly touched LBP3, all because I have been playing DriveClub daily since release. So I have to give it to DriveClub, most played, most fun this year.

The tracks are a joy to drive on and look amazing day and night. The cars all behave different and have different strengths and weaknesses on each track, even more so after the rain update. The balance between sense of speed and danger is perfect in the higher classes, while the lower classes are still great fun for precision driving and drifting. The short load times and instant restarts keep me going for the top time or drift score, especially now with all the extra challenges.
Finally a racing game again that rewards pure driving skill and knowing the track inside and out. No losing because your toe angle or left rear suspension spring isn't set quite right, nor competing against someone with an engine twice the size, or taking a wrong turn while trying to follow a map. Back to basics, car + track, drive.

Runner's up: Dark souls 2 and Transistor. Dark souls 2 was great, however didn't quite reach the feeling of the first one. Transistor was awesome, great music. Yet at some point I had figured out a fool proof winning formula which took a bit of the excitement out of story mode. The extra challenges made up for that.

Special mention: Alien isolation. Survival horror is back! Awesome campaign, just a bit too long and I had to replay chapter 15 a few times to get around a game breaking bug in chapter 16.

Mine is Halo MCC, but only when the multiplayer works, which is the case for past 2 weeks.
I really really liked Sunset Overdrive, but still have to finish it. MCC took most of my gaming time.

I need to give Dragon Age a go, when I have more time for gaming. I hope Forza Horizon 2 will be a free XBL gold game in the future to give it a shot as well.

FarCry is not my cup of tea.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Mine's gonna be Smash Bros. U, still gonna play Bayonetta 2 and Dragon Age Inquisition soon, maybe it'll be from those two, but for now Smash it is.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I don't think I've enjoyed another game as much as I enjoyed Infamous this year so mine would be.

Infamous: Second Son

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

TLOU:R