Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGC's GAMES OF THE YEAR! 2014

Top Five;

Dark Souls 2 (my GOTY)
Bayonetta 2
Transistor
Dragon Age
Freedom Wars

Around the Network

Smash Brothers Wii U so much to do and collect for the measly 60$ price.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~

Nice to see some people putting more thought into their posts

Bayonetta 2! I was actually so surprised with how much I ended up liking that game.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

I'm torn between shovel knight which is an amazing 8 bit platformer filled with tons of love from yacht club games, and professor layton Vs ace attorney easily the best crossover title ive ever played [not counting smash] with great music and a fun story.

Around the Network

Dragon Age Inquistion

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

vivster said:
Haven't even played all my games for this year. Winner is pending. Far Cry 4 is probably gonna be it. And a lot of good but not awesome game.

Still haven't played Bayo 2 though.

If you want far cry 4 to be the uncontested winner this year, start up a new game on an alternate file and in the opening where the main villian leaves the room telling you to enjoy the Crab Rangoon wait for 15 minutes (time it if you need to) then a new scene should trigger and that scene will make the game your gaurenteed Goty.

Smash Wii U. Still not sure whether I like this more than Brawl or not.

Transistor!

Haven't gotten that euphoric feeling from a game in a long time until playing this game. The world, the atmosphere, the characters, the story, the visuals, the art design, the music, the gameplay, the voice acting--all was top notch. I spent the time to platinum it just because I liked it so much. The last time I did that was 4 or more years ago.

I continue to be shocked Transistor didn't get a 90+ on Metacritic.

Mine is Mario Kart 8, for sure. Smash is amazing, but GOD DAMN MARIO KART!!!