By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu Smash Bros week (ending Dec 7th)

cheshirescat said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Yeah I've been elsewhere and I just kept hearing that Smash would do MK8 numbers and I thought it was silly since MK8 is more of a casual mainstream game than Smash is

Frankly, that talk was probably driven more by hope than logic.  While smash had the benefit of a holiday release the competition this year has been cutthroat.

Smash will be like most Nintendo titles and sell well overtime, but yeah that amount of hope was misplaced.  The game did neither bad nor amazing out of the gate,but it did decent.

I think  3DS sales killed its Wii U momentum imo

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
tbone51 said:

Edit: Need Proof? I'll just show the latest, idont want to dig up for tht 1.88mil Sold back in Oct.

Thrilling.  But again, all that doesn't mean squat to Famitsu numbers!

Yes MC is superior

Media create 3DS 145.420 Famitsu 93.000?....WTF?

Nothing really shocking. To me it has always been a fact that the 3ds version would hurt the sales a bit, especially selling wiius. On the bright side, wiiu got ahead of Vita!

PSN holding well :)

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Mummelmann said:

Seriously though; Japan is just sad to watch now, there is nothing interesting going on and the numbers are miles and miles beyond ridiculous compared to the Western markets.

Except for 3DS. Well, this week... and only on MediaCreate. 

Seriously though, what? The OG 3DS pulled a quickie on Famitsu or something?

Around the Network

Wow, Wii U did better than I expected but Smash Bros did a lot worse.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The tax situation in Japan is a serious matter. It put Japan in a worse recession. It will likely affect elections, with abe not having as much support.

Reasons:
1: Tax increases are rare in Japan.
2: The Tax increase was quite sizeable, and coupled with 1 makes it worse.
3: The Tax increase was across the board, unlike in lots of western countries where you can buy food without much tax.

They are at 8% and people fear 10% will come, which is only half of major european countries.

Farsala said:
The tax situation in Japan is a serious matter. It put Japan in a worse recession. It will likely affect elections, with abe not having as much support.

Reasons:
3: The Tax increase was across the board, unlike in lots of western countries where you can buy food without much tax.

They are at 8% and people fear 10% will come, which is only half of major european countries.

That Tax :-/

Farsala said:

Reasons:

I've been saying that taxes killed wii U momentum... wii U was constantly above 10k before it hit for this year.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Oh my gosh xb1 is selling three digit numbers inspite of the fact that we are in December...