By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - When's the Xbox One gonna overtake the PS4 in the US?

Tagged games:

When will the Xbone overtake the PS4 in the U.S.?

Late 2014 32 2.87%

1st half of 2015 51 4.57%

2nd half of 2015 92 8.25%

1st half of 2016 22 1.97%

2nd half of 2016 12 1.08%

2017 6 0.54%

2018 and beyond 10 0.90%

Never 794 71.21%

See results 95 8.52%

Total:1,114
yvanjean said:
Angelv577 said:
At the rate of 13k, let see, nah, I don't want to make the math, it looks pretty far far away.

Winter 2015 

Nah the third party party megaton they have going with all the biggest third parties and a price cut and uncharted and street fighter v and ratchet and clank will ensure ps4 stats ahead by a large margin this holiday and heading into next year, people who think this holiday will be a repeat of last holiday are delusional. Xbox may win but it won't be over 500k again. 

Around the Network
Playstation_awaiter said:
yvanjean said:

Winter 2015 

Nah the third party party megaton they have going with all the biggest third parties and a price cut and uncharted and street fighter v and ratchet and clank will ensure ps4 stats ahead by a large margin this holiday and heading into next year, people who think this holiday will be a repeat of last holiday are delusional. Xbox may win but it won't be over 500k again. 

Uncharted 4 and ratchet and Clank are only going to be released on 2016, unless Sony anounces somethign at E3 only game coming end of the year thats AAA and exclusive is Until Dawn and thats not a system seler at all. Sony is gone cut PS4 price to counter MS holyday first party line up, its probably gona result in a technical draw during the holydays. I dont see Ms every taking back the US but I dont see Sony increasing the gap either.

Titanfall 2 will close the gap!

DakonBlackblade said:

Uncharted 4 and ratchet and Clank are only going to be released on 2016, unless Sony anounces somethign at E3 only game coming end of the year thats AAA and exclusive is Until Dawn and thats not a system seler at all. Sony is gone cut PS4 price to counter MS holyday first party line up, its probably gona result in a technical draw during the holydays. I dont see Ms every taking back the US but I dont see Sony increasing the gap either.

It will be a draw this year. But starting next year having uncharted 4 and street fighter v will increase again by a lot. 

I stated 2nd half of 2015 however I was talking about Holiday season, So winter.

Around the Network
DJEVOLVE said:
I stated 2nd half of 2015 however I was talking about Holiday season, So winter.

Please read what I posted above. The combined marketing force of a long awaited pricecut cod bundles, battlefront bundles, Mgs bundles, batman bundles, and possible assassins and cod bundles is bigger that a halo 5 bundle could ever be. 

DJEVOLVE said:

Please read what I posted above. The combined marketing force of a long awaited pricecut cod bundles, battlefront bundles, Mgs bundles, batman bundles, and possible assassins and cod bundles is bigger that a halo 5 bundle could ever be. 

However Xbox always sells more around holiday time, always has and I see no reason it should stop now. Halo 5 is going to be massive, a price cut is going to do some numbers but don't think MS won't counter, They will.  

Underestimating Halo is exactly that, I see you are new around here, xbox is always on beast mode around the holidays and MS knows when to make it's moves. North America will be owned by MS. They will cut just the price in the U.S. to keep it, they have made a point that the U.S. is their target area. Plus I'm sure xbox will unveil the slim this year, yes it's early but they have already been working on a smaller processor since last year. So I'm sure they will be releasing that this year with another pricecut, just in time for Halo or just after.

DJEVOLVE said:

However Xbox always sells more around holiday time, always has and I see no reason it should stop now. Halo 5 is going to be massive, a price cut is going to do some numbers but don't think MS won't counter, They will.  

Underestimating Halo is exactly that, I see you are new around here, xbox is always on beast mode around the holidays and MS knows when to make it's moves. North America will be owned by MS. They will cut just the price in the U.S. to keep it, they have made a point that the U.S. is their target area. Plus I'm sure xbox will unveil the slim this year, yes it's early but they have already been working on a smaller processor since last year. So I'm sure they will be releasing that this year with another pricecut, just in time for Halo or just after.

You can't assume it will always sell better, of course last gen it always sold better it was the more popular console by miles, this time its a lot more balanced and ps4 is ahead. 

DJEVOLVE said:

You can't assume it will always sell better, of course last gen it always sold better it was the more popular console by miles, this time its a lot more balanced and ps4 is ahead. 

So this is your secondary account? I knew it.

Angelv577 said:
yvanjean said:

Winter 2015 

what? the gap between xbox and ps4 is 117K? 13k per month for the following 9 months is 117k

The gap is over 800k. 

I don't expect them to sell better on monthly basis... just to out perform during Holiday 2015. If Xbox one can retain thier price advantage on PS4 and capitalized on the big holiday lineup ... they will sell more in the month of November and December to make up for the gap during that time.