By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Fans: What Country/City Would you Like Gen 7 to be Based On?

I'd like it to be based on Madagascar and I'd like one of the start pokemon to be a penguin...anyone?... Anyone get it?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
VanceIX said:

If we do, I would be estatic. Like, maybe you can travel between the modern day period and the ancient era period, with the world changing when you do? Something like the Dark World for ALttP would be so cool.

Make it happen Nintendo!

Exactly wat i was thinking in a way. Either that or the country to the East is where the game takes place (i forgot the reasons but people found out convincing theories a year ago

That would be preftect too, it's such a cool idea. I know it's a long shot, but Z would probably go down as my favorite Pokemon game if it incorporated something like that.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Barkley said:

North Korea. I'd love a Pokemon game with a story about being under the dictatorship of a mad man.

No seriously, i'm not joking it would be incredible.

Yeah, that'd definitely be incredible. I mean you have your villain team right there. In previous games the villain team might have a nefarious plot to take over the world, but this would be the first where they were actually already successful and in charge. It'll never happen though, because Nintendo doesn't want to be responsible for North Korea launching nukes at Japan.

tbone51 said:

Funny thing is i believe we will get that in Pokemon Z. I really feel like they'll do something awesome like that especially with the story and maybe time travel (hello mega celebi :p

This is your one best idea ever.

Now don't let that go to your head.

NintendoPie said:
tbone51 said:

Funny thing is i believe we will get that in Pokemon Z. I really feel like they'll do something awesome like that especially with the story and maybe time travel (hello mega celebi :p

This is your one best idea ever.

Now don't let that go to your head.

Its Too Late...

Around the Network

Australia, South America, or Africa. Any other options are vastly inferior in every way shape or form. Australia has very nice diversity and so they'd be pretty awesome and Africa for the same reason. South America would probably be the best choice since Pokemon has referenced it so many times + where Mew was discovered according to Red/Blue.

No cold countries... I have nightmares thinking about the snow routes in Sinnoh... *shudders*

Hawaii would be awesome ... with that southsea Feeling ;)

South America would be really nice. There are lots of historical places, a huge natural diversity and many big cities that could be used as a central point of the game. Just don't set the game in Rio de Janeiro or IGN will give it a 0 because there is too much water.

Africa would be nice too, there are many African cultures that could be used as inspiration to create some nice Pokemon, although I think South America has more diverse landscapes.

South America is also a good choice for marketing, because Nintendo isn't very active here, so a game like that could be a beggining. I don't know about the African video game market, but I think it must have similar problems.

Mother Russia.

7.8 too much ice

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Canada cause we are awesome

Oh god yes