By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Fans: What Country/City Would you Like Gen 7 to be Based On?

Slarvax said:
Squeezol said:
Why not space for a change? :P

Gen 3 just did that

OT: Anything from South America, and not because I live here!

Brazil or Argentina would be cool.

They'd have to show the poverty of Brazil for it to be accurate. And I doubt we'll see a Pokémon game focusing on that anytime soon, but it would definitely be very interesting. 

All the previous countries Pokémon games were based on were rich first world countries. There's still plenty of poverty in big cities like New York of course, but not to the same extent as Brazil. 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Vini256 said:
I would say Japan, but Gen 1&2 kinda have a japanese style, so Australia it is. Or someplace from South America.

Lol, Gen 1-5 are based off Japan.

Gen 5 is US (NYC)

Ka-pi96 said:
I'd like to see a Pokemon region based on the Caribbean or Madagascar.

But those region would have too much water

I'd like to see Germany. It could have ties to the Kalos war since France and Germany have a history of fighting each other in the past. Also, since Germany and France are near each other, you can go back to Kalos Gen 2 style. Seeing how the next handheld could be in HD, I expect regions to get bigger so this could be one to increase the size. The "evil" team could be a prideful leader who wishes to show the Pokemon world how strong the Germany region is by starting a second war with Kalos and conquering it.

Ka-pi96 said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I'd like to see a Pokemon region based on the Caribbean or Madagascar.

But those region would have too much water

I'd like to see Germany. It could have ties to the Kalos war since France and Germany have a history of fighting each other in the past. Also, since Germany and France are near each other, you can go back to Kalos Gen 2 style. Seeing how the next handheld could be in HD, I expect regions to get bigger so this could be one to increase the size. The "evil" team could be a prideful leader who wishes to show the Pokemon world how strong the Germany region is by starting a second war with Kalos and conquering it.

Exactly why I suggested them. Hoenn was my favourite region, in large part because of the amount of water

I have 7 badges and I'm around 12 hours into the game and I've maybe surfed for half an hour in total. Wtf is everyone talking about too much water? 

Somwhere mountainous, like the Rocky Mountains in U.S. and Canada. There could be a lot of ice, rock, steel, and ground pokemon and maybe even some of the towns and citites you go to could be in tunnels that go through the mountains.

Around the Network

Iraq

Samus Aran said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Exactly why I suggested them. Hoenn was my favourite region, in large part because of the amount of water

I have 7 badges and I'm around 12 hours into the game and I've maybe surfed for half an hour in total. Wtf is everyone talking about too much water? 

IGN listed too much water as a con at the end of their review. http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/11/18/pokemon-alpha-sapphire-and-omega-ruby-review

You know what would be cool? If we had a Pokemon game set in ancient times around when the 3000 year old war happened, maybe right after it.

Modem day Pokemon? I would like it based off of London.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

t3mporary_126 said:
Samus Aran said:
Ka-pi96 said:

IGN listed too much water as a con at the end of their review. http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/11/18/pokemon-alpha-sapphire-and-omega-ruby-review

I know that, I'm just saying there's barely any water in this game. It's almost always on land. 

Samus Aran said:
t3mporary_126 said:
Samus Aran said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I know that, I'm just saying there's barely any water in this game. It's almost always on land. 

Some people really disliked surfing in the original game and I guess they were disappointed to see it exist still like that IGN reviewer. Funny thing is the surf music is even better now and you can go faster with a Sharpedo/Kyogre or just use max repel to get places quicker.