By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sonys american Reign has ended.

Thread smells like fail. I expected something different.

Sheesh.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

Around the Network

@Sonyfanboys

Your grasping for numbers like they are going to elude you. If you don't think the PS3 is up for the long haul, then admit it.

Touting victory over supply constrained consoles is gonna lead to your inevitable horrible flaming when these little issues are ironed out.

Personally, I would stay the course. The only two sony fanboys worth their f'n salt are Crazzy and DMeisterJ, at least they admit it hurts when they lose a week instead of explaining it away with numbers gone by, and hoping for supply contraints to help their console.

Those two truely believe the PS3 can win, with no gimmicks, in a real, fair competition, eventually. If you wanna support your system, shouldn't you at least pretend that you believe that, instead of instantly creating damage control?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Kitten calming powerrrrrrrrrr!!! 

routsounmanman said:
azrm2k said:
routsounmanman said:
I guess no one expected it would last long, eh?

Europe is Sony's turf yet again. It has serious competition in Japan ( Wii ) and America though ( Wii & 360 ).

If you're factoring in Wii when talking about japan then it's a little hasty to call Europe Sony's turf as the Wii is doing better there as well.

I actually expect Sony to take over Europe eventually. Playstation brand and PES is so strong around here.

PES comes for Wii as well, and is supposed to be very good. Plus the PS was big in Europe with social gaming games, like Buzz, Singstar and Football (a lot of people play that with friends in the same room, not online). Social gaming is totally the domain of the Wii right now. Just look at the success of Carnival games in Europe. Also PC gaming is very big in Europe, so FPS won't have as much of an impact on European gamers. PS3 does seem to have games coming that are more focussed on the US.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
@Sonyfanboys

Your grasping for numbers like they are going to elude you. If you don't think the PS3 is up for the long haul, then admit it.

Touting victory over supply constrained consoles is gonna lead to your inevitable horrible flaming when these little issues are ironed out.

Personally, I would stay the course. The only two sony fanboys worth their f'n salt are Crazzy and DMeisterJ, at least they admit it hurts when they lose a week instead of explaining it away with numbers gone by, and hoping for supply contraints to help their console.

Those two truely believe the PS3 can win, with no gimmicks, in a real, fair competition, eventually. If you wanna support your system, shouldn't you at least pretend that you believe that, instead of instantly creating damage control?

Was this directed towards me?

The console wars ended early '07. I'm not blind, Zen.  I'm not going to close my eye's and pretend the PS3 has a chance to become the market leader. It' never going to happen.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

I disagree on one point Zen....I don't think you have to hurt from the numbers if you're a Sony Fanboy. Sure if you want the console to win it all this gen then that makes sense, but personally I just want good games to come out, and my console to do better. Both of those seem to be happening. Simply because it lost in NA doesn't mean we should cry about it, just be happy that the PS3 is doing better, even if it isn't no. 1.

editted addition: just to be clear though...that's a small point and I agree with the rest of your post. 

darthdevidem01 said:
@coolestguyever

no he was talking about the 360

we tend to not include wii between PS3 vs 360 anymore cus everyone knows they will be thrashed...

No I was talking about the Wii. The PS3 has had an amazing turn around and is doing far better than I expected at this point and I don't mean to diminish that at all. I think this thread being created in the Sony forums is sad and childish. It shows a remarkable level of fanboyism and concern over whether the pony the OP backed will win or not. In a similar breath I will condemn those that try and overstate the achievement. Selling at these levels is good enough without having to resort to over looking competition to brag. It is a shame that people cannot see this amazing accomplishment for what it is and feel the need to cheapen it with over the top, blatantly false claims.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Last week we saw that 200k Wii error, I'm not entirely sure those are the actual Wii numbers, it's possible something similar happened with the 360 as well.... I wouldn't be surprised if we saw adjustments.

What goes up must come down.

Oh well, Sony fans can worry when it happens another week.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
1: Stop making shooters. Please. You're not Valve or Free Radical.
2: Stop trying to force photo-realism down my throat until you can get out of the uncanny valley. Work on style and presentation instead of just pixels and bloom.
3: Try something weird and new, and hope we like it.

You'll cut costs way more than you cut revenue, and thus increase profit.