By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sonys american Reign has ended.

Riot Of The Blood said:
I think the PS3 might be getting over tracked. I just can't imagine the console selling like that. I want to see NPD's numbers.

VGchartz numbers are showing me what I want to see, but I'm having a hard time believing it. It's just to good to be true.

Blu-Ray's victory is probably doing the trick. Both for movie-buffs and gamers who see increased value in the PS3 now that Blu-Ray won. The advantage seems to be eroding though, but we'll only know for sure in the next few weeks.

Personally, I believe Blu-Ray won't take off any time soon (if ever).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

=p Oh boy...The people who made the bet should be worried now;.

coolestguyever said:
PS3 will win worldwide. its leading after Others and America, and will be close apparently in Japan, but PS3 will win.

I have to ask what numbers you are looking at? The numbers I see have the PS3 being outsold by a competitor nearly 2-1. That ratio will be solidly larger than 2-1 after Japan comes in, leaving the PS3 with second place at best. Did the numbers change dramatically recently?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

MikeB said:
kingofwale said:
__XBrawlX__ said:
@kingofwale
I meant just America, not worldwide.

Remember NPD number for Jan in US? where VGC undertracked PS3 by about 80K? It outsold xbox in Jan too.

Yes according to the NPD the PS3 outsold the 360 by 60K for January (US), according to VGChartz currently they still have figures for January suggesting the 360 outsold the PS3 for North America by 62K. That's 122K worth of difference with the NPD. (for 2007 even after corrections there's still a difference of 234K with the NPD as well)

IMO wait for March NPD figures before celebrating. (The industry and this website's managers consider the the NPD to be more accurate

Shipment figures indicated that VGChartz tracked 360 and PS3 better than NPD in the USA in November and December............

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

PooperScooper said:
Starcraft - People were reporting stocks of 360's the end of last week. I know I saw a pyramid of 360's beginning of this week.

That is why I said that the shortages only lasted for half of the tracked week;)

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

@Mag

And this crappy game you speak of would be MGS4? Somehow i doubt this game is going to be anything close to 'crappy' lol

@Gnizmo

Weekly sales you silly billy....not total sales..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Squall_Leonhart said:
@Mag

And this crappy game you speak of would be MGS4? Somehow i doubt this game is going to be anything close to 'crappy' lol

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

darthdevidem01 said:
@Gnizmo

Weekly sales you silly billy....not total sales..

he was talking about the Wii.

@mag

one more thing, HOW is FORZA 2 Crap....I hate 360 n all but that game isn't crap

& calling MGS4 crappy made your credibility just about 0..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey