By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sonys american Reign has ended.

PooperScooper said:
kingofwale said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
@Sonyfanboys

Your grasping for numbers like they are going to elude you. If you don't think the PS3 is up for the long haul, then admit it.

Touting victory over supply constrained consoles is gonna lead to your inevitable horrible flaming when these little issues are ironed out.

Personally, I would stay the course. The only two sony fanboys worth their f'n salt are Crazzy and DMeisterJ, at least they admit it hurts when they lose a week instead of explaining it away with numbers gone by, and hoping for supply contraints to help their console.

Those two truely believe the PS3 can win, with no gimmicks, in a real, fair competition, eventually. If you wanna support your system, shouldn't you at least pretend that you believe that, instead of instantly creating damage control?

or... here's another theory, That they are the only two who CARE about Sony's sales number enough to 'hurt'?

Frankly, I see most PS3 owners here really could care less if PS3 gets outsold by 10K or so in US. What we care about is consist good games on the console. Sales number is nothing more than a nice bragging rights. There's no sense getting hurt from it.

And honestly, if I were to listen to Microsoft PR all the time, I'd still think RRoD is at about 3%.

I actually don't see what he is talking about with DMeisterJ. I think DM is more a crowd control guy. People try to rip the Ps3 and I think he is the guy that steps in and say "guy you need to look at these facts more"

he was only picking on DM because he's one of the more popular (post counts, so on) PS3 fans here.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

CDiablo said:
360 will come in last place due to PS3 as a Blu Ray player sales. 360 may have overall better Software sales, but thats the best they can hope for.

Given both consoles are sold at a loss that is made up with software sales, I'd say Microsoft would lvoe to hope for that.  It would make them substantially more profitable than Sony this generation.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Magnific0 said:
@starcraft If your closer competitor had a 1-year advantage (and over 1 year in Europe) and when your system launched had a horrible library and high price, then yeah...I'd say it may stay "last" for a while, yeah. I guess everyone is "last" sometime. But you forget the 360 was and still is dead last behind PS2? isn't that the system still dominating when the 360 came out rushed in a hurry? And it took a whole year and Gears of War to finally beat that PS2 month sales in NA? Don't be so lame talking about places, talk about year to year numbers. PS3's growth is showing something already : 360 is going 'dead last'.

One word for you.....Wii.

Seriously.  The one year head start excuse got lame the minute the Wii caught the 360 after a miniscule amount of time. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

If I didn't already have a PS3 I wouldn't buy now that I know MGS4 with the new controller is coming in the near future in the 80GB model.(in fact I wished now I would have waited...nah) I wonder how many gamers who going to get a PS3 will wait out on PS3 now knowing this.

@BOD

I have been saying that since the last page

looks MINe & YOUR comments have been conviniently ignored!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I'm not really hurt. Just mad that gebx will have a good probability of being right... Glad I didn't join that ban-bet.

The PS3 is still winning WW, and that's fine for me. We'll take on america once we take over others.

Smidlee said:
If I didn't already have a PS3 I wouldn't buy now that I knew MGS4 with the new controller is coming in the near future.(in fact I wished now I would have waited...nah) I wonder how many gamers who going to get a PS3 will wait out on PS3 now knowing this.

I agree, but also keep in mind that if you pre-order the game, you will be able to play the beta version of MGO in April, I can see a few people jumping in just for that.

Announcing new bundle will always create such problems. Sony knows his perfect. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
darthdevidem01 said:
@BOD

I have been saying that since the last page

looks MINe & YOUR comments have been conviniently ignored!

Seems like it :/

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">