By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, Wii Sports and Mario Kart wii keep selling.

Tagged games:

Soundwave said:
AZWification said:

Both of them probably keep selling thanks to bundles!

Yeah in my area you can't even get a Wii on its own, it's either Wii mini with Mario Kart Wii bundled or if you can find deadstock of the older Wii models, those probably come with Wii Sports. 

Exactly! if it weren't for those bundles Wii Sports and MKWii probably wouldn't even appear in those charts!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Mario Kart Wii reached the 35 million units. The only question left is: Will Wii Sports reach 83 million copies sold?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Are there any games older than them that are still selling?

the oldest game i get to see regulary is warcraft 3.for 19,99€ mkwii can be found in many shops, sure it still sales well.

generic-user-1 said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

the oldest game i get to see regulary is warcraft 3.for 19,99€ mkwii can be found in many shops, sure it still sales well.

I saw Ico in a toy store a few days ago.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

GTA San Andreas for the PS2 is selling enough in Italy for it to be tracked by GFK.

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Wii in 2014 sold just about 500k. 

Mario Kart sold 766K.

Wii Sports sold 567K.

So, even if every Wii sold came bundled with one of those two games, they still sold about 800K between the two of them.  About 400K a piece for two games that are nearly a decade is old is pretty impressive.

JWeinCom said:
AZWification said:

Mario Kart sold 766K.

Wii Sports sold 567K.

So, even if every Wii sold came bundled with one of those two games, they still sold about 800K between the two of them.  About 400K a piece for two games that are nearly a decade is old is pretty impressive.

Come on, everyone know each Wii bundle comes with two copies of Mario Kart.

The_Sony_Girl1 said:

Just go to GOG.com. while digital, some of the games are from the 80' and most are from the 90'

As for the reason why they keep selling, it's probably in large parts from Wii U owners who didn't have a Wii before for various reason, as they outsell the Wii by far these days. Probably one of the reasons why Nintendo is bringing Wii games digitally to the Wii U now, too

JWeinCom said:
AZWification said:

Mario Kart sold 766K.

Wii Sports sold 567K.

Yet another proof Nintendo abandoned the Wii a way too soon.

Teeqoz said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:

GTA San Andreas for the PS2 is selling enough in Italy for it to be tracked by GFK.

That is really amazing, this makes me wonder if software for the 360 will last this long in the US,especially Minecraft.

Proud to be a Californian.