By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So, Wii Sports and Mario Kart wii keep selling.

Tagged games:

I see we have some sassiness in the comments.

Personally, I am very happy that they're still going. They both deserve the immense success for its bridging of all gamers, its intuitiveness, creativity, and originality.

Around the Network
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Are there any games older than them that are still selling?

You can still find physical copies of StarCraft + Brood War in stores.

The Diablo Battle Chest is still kicking also. There are PS2 games like Mortal Kombat and GTA you can still buy.

Darwinianevolution said:

I've been looking the numbers of the original wii, and I realised that MKWii and Wii Sports keep selling. I suppose that are bundled with every wii sold, but they are still making impressing numbers for 8 year old games (There are more Wii Sports copies than GBA, and mor MKWiis than GCs, that's nuts). When do you think they will stop selling, when the wii is finally dicontinued, or before that? Will Wii Sports reach 83 million copies sold? Will MKWii reach 35 million copies sold?

MKWii, according to Nintendo at the end of January 14, had sold more than 35 million

1doesnotsimply

episteme said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Are there any games older than them that are still selling?

You can still find physical copies of StarCraft + Brood War in stores.

I can also find physical copies of Flight Simulator X going for full price in stores, as well.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I wonder how much MKwii goes for these days

Full price as is typical for Nintendo games.

Hell a few days ago I spotted Super Mario 64 DS for full price, that game came out 10 years ago O-o

It still baffles me that Nintendo could go from such a humungous player in the gaming industry last generation to such a minuscule one now. Sure, there are a lot of factors for their fall, but damn... they really hit the ball out of the park back then.

FIFA on PS2 apparently keeps selling.

There's always going to be a cross section of budget consumers/countries. PS3/360 will likely be around for many more years too.

If I was a cash strapped parent, you know honestly it's not like $99 Wii mini + Mario Kart Wii (or a $10-$30 Wii from a thrift shop) is suddenly less enjoyable for a kid today than it was 6-7 years ago if they don't have access to any other console.

Both of them probably keep selling thanks to bundles!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Both of them probably keep selling thanks to bundles!

Yeah in my area you can't even get a Wii on its own, it's either Wii mini with Mario Kart Wii bundled or if you can find deadstock of the older Wii models, those probably come with Wii Sports.