By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No sales milestone announcement to PlayStation Experience?

I have a question about the statement that Sony made that it is the fastest selling console, what time frame do they use? Do they count it until the end of November which would give PS4 an extra week of sales in the west compared to Wii? Or do they count Wii until December 6th and having equal number of sales weeks? Or maybe they align the launches and remove of couple of months of Wii's sales in Japan?
And my last question, how do they know Wii's exact sales for that time frame? Besides NA and Japan, I don't see how they would know Wii's exact sales in Europe and ROW, unless they have access to that data/info.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Sony just decided to wait for VGC numbers, but to play safe they'll also wait for adjustments.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

LordLichtenstein said:

What I wonder is, could those numbers in the opening montage actually be sales figures?

I mean, what else could it be?

Shipped in 2014?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I agree with some of the others about Sony announcing when they do 20 million sold.