By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No sales milestone announcement to PlayStation Experience?

Augen said:
I think they'll wait until January to announce the full holiday sales and getting close to the 20 million mark (18-19 million be my guess).

18-19M? You serious?

First of all i believe that VGC has the PS4 grossly undertracked. And I believe more to th etune of around 800k-900k. I can prove this but its just way more work than I am willing to put into this post now :) . But even going just by VGC current numbers, they have the PS4 at 16.1M as of 29th november. In november alone the PS4 has managed to sell around 2.5M consoles or so. You really think that it will only seel 2-3M consoles in the whole of december?

Look at it this way, thanks to BF, and a couple of key releases, total sales for november were mostly thanks to NA which is responsible for around 65% of total sales. In december, its the holidays for everyone all around theworld. Historically speaking, december sales are usually double whatever november sales were. Meaning that the PS4 should do at least 4M in december or at most 5M.

Around the Network
Landguy said:
No need to talk numbers now, wait til it will have an impact. Now, they can talk about doing well, but not about hitting some mystical fanboy #. To them, they have to answer to investors. THe only announcement they can make that people are paying attention to is how many private social security #'s they got hacked for. Better to stay quiet when the news would say "Sony has announced 17 million PS4 Sold, but they were hacked last week and lost the SS# and salary info on all of the NA employees".

Sony Pictures was hacked not PlayStation.

Nice try though...psych :P

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Puppyroach said:
Wasn't it the fastest selling console of all time in New Zeeland or something like that?

they said it was the fastest selling console of all time

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Intrinsic said:
Augen said:
I think they'll wait until January to announce the full holiday sales and getting close to the 20 million mark (18-19 million be my guess).

18-19M? You serious?

First of all i believe that VGC has the PS4 grossly undertracked. And I believe more to th etune of around 800k-900k. I can prove this but its just way more work than I am willing to put into this post now :) . But even going just by VGC current numbers, they have the PS4 at 16.1M as of 29th november. In november alone the PS4 has managed to sell around 2.5M consoles or so. You really think that it will only seel 2-3M consoles in the whole of december?

Look at it this way, thanks to BF, and a couple of key releases, total sales for november were mostly thanks to NA which is responsible for around 65% of total sales. In december, its the holidays for everyone all around theworld. Historically speaking, december sales are usually double whatever november sales were. Meaning that the PS4 should do at least 4M in december or at most 5M.

not to mention Ps4 is stronger in Europe and now is their biggest shopping season as opposed to November where the US usually starts holiday shopping faster.  Being the market leader there will definitely help them in December.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Yeah, it was about games. Too bad.

Around the Network

"PS4 is the fastest selling video game console in history"

Torillian said:
Wouldn't them being the fastest selling console of all time require that it was undertracked in order for it to match up with the sales of the current record holder for that time frame? (Wii)

That would depend on how accurate our sales for Wii were around that time.

itsFizz said:
kitler53 said:

that statement was true as of sept but my bet is that is the number they are refering to.   until proven otherwise i dont' believe that statment was through dec 6th.

Didn´t they say that on stage at the keynote? If the Wii passed the PS4 then they should have said sth along the lines of "we were the fastest selling.." or "up to september we are the..".
Anyways I don´t think they are overtracked (Maybe undertracked by 200k-700k). I guess we will know either at the next Event or whenever they hit a milestone they deem PR worthy

in november they had a statement of 13.5 M which we know to be a fact of the exact number of ps4's shipped on the most recent quarterly report ending a month and a half prior.

spin.   learn to read between the line because they are always lying to you finding a specific viewpoint that is kinda true but mostly extagerating their importance.

Sales data moves too quickly at this time of year. Not much point making an announcement of 16 million if it will be 17 million one week later. Better to wait until new year when sales go off a cliff

kitler53 said:
itsFizz said:
kitler53 said:

that statement was true as of sept but my bet is that is the number they are refering to.   until proven otherwise i dont' believe that statment was through dec 6th.

Didn´t they say that on stage at the keynote? If the Wii passed the PS4 then they should have said sth along the lines of "we were the fastest selling.." or "up to september we are the..".
Anyways I don´t think they are overtracked (Maybe undertracked by 200k-700k). I guess we will know either at the next Event or whenever they hit a milestone they deem PR worthy

in november they had a statement of 13.5 M which we know to be a fact of the exact number of ps4's shipped on the most recent quarterly report ending a month and a half prior.

spin.   learn to read between the line because they are always lying to you finding a specific viewpoint that is kinda true but mostly extagerating their importance.

Ok... now I can confirm that you are really reaching here... and even this is a bit much for you. Especially considerring how the data stacks against you.

To begin with, the fiscal statemnet with quater ending sept. was released in october. As of the end of september they had shipped 13.5M. By the time that statement was released, shipments for october were already done, unless you want to say they didn't ship anything out in october. 

Then in december, they make an annoucement saying they are the fastest selling console in console history. At this point, they would have shipped out consoles for cotober and november (november shipments usually always being much much higher tan the average month) and don't forget that shipments would undoubtedly be boosted due to releases like COD, DC, AC, GTA...etc that all fall into that two month window. 

Simply put, theer is not  a chance in hell, and no way that you can prove that from the end of september through to the end of november, they had not shipped at least 3M consoles to meet the higher demand historically found around that time of the year. Your reasoning just doesn't make sense and is based on nothing more than what could at best be called wishful thinking.

I am stll waiting for you to show one single ounce of fact that suggests that their claims about being the fastest selling console are in relation to a shipment number released 2 months ago. Why would a console that has somehow manages to ship out over 1.2 M consoles every single month leading up to the busiest time of the year, suddenly start shipping fewer consoles?