By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - No sales milestone announcement to PlayStation Experience?

itsFizz said:

Well IF we consider that statement of it being the fastest selling console in history to be true (up to the beginning of december) then it MUST have sold more than the wii in the same amount of time.

Also I think the next sales milestone to announce would be 20 million.

PS: Woot !! first post

that statement was true as of sept but my bet is that is the number they are refering to.   until proven otherwise i dont' believe that statment was through dec 6th.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
itsFizz said:

Well IF we consider that statement of it being the fastest selling console in history to be true (up to the beginning of december) then it MUST have sold more than the wii in the same amount of time.

that statement was true as of sept but my bet is that is the number they are refering to.   until proven otherwise i dont' believe that statment was through dec 6th.

Didn´t they say that on stage at the keynote? If the Wii passed the PS4 then they should have said sth along the lines of "we were the fastest selling.." or "up to september we are the..".
Anyways I don´t think they are overtracked (Maybe undertracked by 200k-700k). I guess we will know either at the next Event or whenever they hit a milestone they deem PR worthy

Yup...RO friggin rocked  

I suppose they are waiting for 2 things:

1) Xbox to announce their ACTUAL shipped or sold through numbers

2) The PS4 to reach 20m shipped/sold

They want a nice big number and the ability to rain on MS' parade.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

I think they'll wait until January to announce the full holiday sales and getting close to the 20 million mark (18-19 million be my guess).

No need to talk numbers now, wait til it will have an impact. Now, they can talk about doing well, but not about hitting some mystical fanboy #. To them, they have to answer to investors. THe only announcement they can make that people are paying attention to is how many private social security #'s they got hacked for. Better to stay quiet when the news would say "Sony has announced 17 million PS4 Sold, but they were hacked last week and lost the SS# and salary info on all of the NA employees".

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

So... make an observation, draw a conclusion (which is wrong), then proceed to criticism based on said conclusion.

First off, they did give you a hint, they said that the PS4 is the fastest selling console ever. What you should have drawn from that, isn't that VGC is overtracking the PS4 at 16.1M, but rather undertracking it cause if what sony is saying is true, then it means they are selling faster than the wii over the same time period, and at this point in th wii's life it was around 16.5M sold. Thus, if the PS4 is indeed the fastest ever selling console according to sony, then it should have at least sold more than 16.5M meaning that as usual, VGC is actually undertracking not overtracking it.

Secondly, they announced 5M, then announced 10M. No point announcing 16/17M when you are just a month away from being able to announce 20M. They really stand nothing to gain from announcing 17M only to announce 20M a month later.

Lastly, there is pretty much no doubt now that the PS4 will exceed 20M by the end of this year, its even safe to say it can exceed 21M.

It's still tracking ahead of the Wii. That means it is undertracked on VGC. The opposite of your hypothesis is correct. :P

Sony are more likely to announce a number around, say... 20 million. But it's completely up to them and relatively arbitrary.

I don't think it is possible to miss such an announcement on VGC because it will instantly spawn 30 threads with the figure in the title.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

kitler53 said:
itsFizz said:

I don't understand why some people will take what they know, ignore it, then replace it with what they think. How or why in God's name will they be referencing september sales in the first week of december when making an announcement about being the fastest selling console ever. Don't you think you are reaching there? If they said this in october or even november i could somehow agree with you. But they announced that just this past weekend yet you are somehow convinced they are refering to numbers based in september. smh.......

Intrinsic said:
kitler53 said:
itsFizz said:

I don't understand why some people will take what they know, ignore it, then replace it with what they think. How or why in God's name will they be referencing september sales in the first week of december when making an announcement about being the fastest selling console ever. Don't you think you are reaching there? If they said this in october or even november i could somehow agree with you. But they announced that just this past weekend yet you are somehow convinced they are refering to numbers based in september. smh.......

This so much!